The escape | Teen Ink

The escape

January 17, 2016
By courtneyheder BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
courtneyheder BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

This play takes place where the two girls are in the mall's security office. they are in a locked, room, kid of looking like a prison cell that takes up the left side of the stage. The right side of the stage is the sheriff’s office space with a desk with lots of paperwork and a chair.

Sophie - “We are in big trouble”

Becca - “I know, do you think they will let us go?”

Sophie - “Probably not, I mean we did steal 4 things it’s not like they will just forget about it”

Becca - “Well what if we tell them it was an accident? Like we accidently walked out without knowing?”

Sophie - “They found them in our bags, they will never believe that, I say we just apologize right away so we don’t have such a bad punishment”

Becca - “My mom is going to kill me, will they tell our parents do you think? I can’t get in trouble! No I can’t!” *she says as she gets up and grabs the bars of the cell, shaking them trying to get the opened*

Sophie - *Get’s up and grabs becca to sit her back down* “Becca, calm down, just breath and remember to be respectful and nice when the officer comes back in, there is no way of getting out of this so we might as well just do our best to get on his good side”

Becca - “Okay, okay. We should have never taken those sunglasses though, you know that? It’s all your fault too, it was your idea.”

Sophie - “It was not my idea! You thought of it first, but yeah we shouldn’t have.”

Becca - “Ugh, so now what! Are we supposed to just wait in here! Where is the cop anyways? it’s it like, illegal to keep us here?”

Sophie - “I don’t know about illegal, but you’re right, he has been gone for a while, what if he forgot about us?” *Get’s up and peers outside of cell looking both ways*

Becca - “I mean we could try and escape.” *Leans back, arms crossed, raising both of her eyebrows*

Sophia - “Are you insane? You want to get us in more trouble than we are already in?”

Becca - “Suit yourself. I’m leaving though, that’s all I know. Have fun sitting here all day.” *gets up, looking around to find a way to get out*

Sophie - “Fine, FINE! Let’s just got out of here, but how the heck do we plan on doing that?”

-Long Pause-

Becca - “With that.” *points to set of keys on officer’s desk right outside cell*

Sophia - “Oh my gosh! Keys! But wait, how do we get them? I could try reaching my arm but I don’t think that would be long enough” *Starts sticking arm out of cell*

Becca - “Oh stop that, it won’t reach. We have to use something to knock it off the desk so we can grab it. Hmm.” *puts hand under chin in thinking position*

Sophia - “What about my belt? I can use it like a lasso to knock it on the ground, then we can reach and grab it?”

Becca - “That’s perfect! Take it off now!”

Sophia - *Takes belt off* “Okay, here you go!”

Becca *throws it towards desk* “I...I...I can’t get it. It’s not working.”

Sophia - “Here let me try” *tries same thing* “I got it! It’s on the floor!”

Becca - *Grabs keys* “Oh my gosh Soph!! Nice job!!” *reaches hand outside bars and unlocks door”

Sophia - “We’re out! We are actually out! We did it!” *Grabs and hugs Sophia*

Becca - “Now let’s go before anyone comes back!”

The two girls leave through out the door, and the lights dim out.