Flowers of Forgivness Act 2 | Teen Ink

Flowers of Forgivness Act 2

By PrinceHansismyworld SILVER, New Bedford, Massachusetts
PrinceHansismyworld SILVER, New Bedford, Massachusetts

"a villain and a victim should never be the same person”

Act 2 Scene 1

Madelyn

“So exactly why did you go to an antique store when you were clearly supposed to get decorations?”

Neveah

“I did what I was supposed to. I just wanted to see the electronics. They’re not anything new; most of the gadgets date back to the early 2,000’s

Madelyn

“I know that but right now there are more important things we should be worrying about right now, like you know, getting ready for the party”

Neveah

“Okay, so, I was thinking I could, you know, um perhaps maybe wear a dress?”

Madelyn

“Wear whatever you want. No one is stopping you from expressing yourself. If you want to wear a dress, then wear a dress. Better yet, why not just go all out and make it a super sparkly one with ribbons and sequin”

Neveah

“I don’t have a dress right now and I don’t know how on earth I’ll get one anytime soon, but in the mean time, why don’t we just relax and see what happens in the future.”

Madelyn

“What if I make you the dress? Just to show appreciation that we are from two countries that agreed to end their conflict once and for all just so that they could have centuries of friendship ahead of them”

Neveah

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to, but if making the dress will remind you of a very important event in history, then by all means, create the dress.”

Madelyn

“Don’t worry, Neveah, I won’t let you down. Well maybe before 1815, I probably would, but right now, we’re in the year 2815, so it doesn’t matter.”

Neveah

“Well even if we did live in a time before the treaty of Ghent was signed, I’m sure we still would be friends”

Madelyn

“I’m not sure if that would even be possible. America and Great Britain used to hate each other. If we lived in that time period, our chances of friendship would be slim”

Neveah

“Let’s not try to dwell on the past. The important thing is that we’re friends now and that’s all that matters”

Madelyn

“Maybe, you’re right. What’s important is that we’re friends now. I mean, if we put all that behind us, why should it affect us now?

Neveah

“You know, come to think of it, I actually feel pretty lucky to have you as a friend.”

(Cuts to Madelyn and Neveah setting up for the peace-treaty party)

Madelyn

“What color scheme should we stick with? I was thinking maybe gold and blue. What do you think?”

Neveah

“I can understand why you’re doing the blue because it represents peace, but what does the gold represent?”

Madelyn

“It doesn’t represent anything. It’s just there to add glare and shine to the blue. You know, to make it pop”

(Madelyn and Neveah are decorating when they hear a piano playing)

Neveah

“Where’s that sound coming from?”

Madelyn

“How should I know? I never played an instrument in my life”

Neveah

“Well whatever it is, I want to know who’s playing it. They’re actually impressive to be honest.”

Madelyn

“Why don’t you go find out then, and I’ll stay here decorating?”

Neveah

“Okay”

Neveah

(Finds source of music, which happens to come from a closed bedroom. She opens the door and notices a boy with caramel hair and light-tannish skin sleeping comfortably on a bed)
“Aww. He looks like an angel”
(Looks at person playing piano)
“Is he the person you’re playing the song for?”

Valentina

“Yes... and look, I appreciate that you think my music is incredible but I’m trying to lull him to sleep. So please, do not wake him up because if you do, I’ll be very upset”

Neveah

“I’m just curious, is there a reason why you play music?”

Valentina

“It’s where I go to escape the cruelty that crowds my thoughts like a lightening storm scattering the ocean”

Neveah

“Why do you escape?”

Valentina

“So I can be safe and alone where no one can harass me or make me feel unwelcome”

Neveah

“You can’t feel welcome around certain people? That’s really tough when you have to go through things like that. Why would they even make fun of you? I thought autistic people were supposed to be gentle and caring. Who would ever think about teasing someone with such a kind heart?”

Valentina

“I don’t know why. All I know is that people make fun of me all they want, and no one cares or does anything about it but the minute I decided that I’ve had enough, I’m going to be the bad person. Society is funny, isn’t it?

Neveah

“That’s what gets on my nerves. It’s like, people mistreat so many times and no one even cares enough to stop it, but if you lash out, you’re the one everyone gets mad at”

Valentina

“I know right? That’s what I hate about society”

Neveah

“I know you hate society, and I hate it sometimes too, but right now let’s try focusing on the positive. There’s a party coming up and I think it will be good for you, to well you know…. relax…. that sort of thing”

Valentina

“When is the party anyway?’

Neveah

“Two days from now.”

Madelyn

(Walks around, touching temples, and seems stressed out)

“Come on, Madelyn. Get it together, stop stressing so much. You can do it, control your emotions”

Neveah 

(Walks in and sees Madelyn stressing)

Neveah

“Remember what I told you earlier, it’s okay to make mistakes. Learning may be difficult, but trust me when I say this, it will make your stress more worthwhile”

Madelyn

“I know that but I need to show the guests that I care and that I’m serious about what I’m presenting.”

Neveah

“You don’t have to prove yourself to anyone.”

Madelyn

“Thank you for your kindness but it’s not going to help at this point”

Neveah

“I understand how you feel with all this stress being thrown at you”

Madelyn

“I have to admit, it’s not easy being responsible, but in the end, I guess its kind of somewhat worth it in a way. Does that count, at least?“

Neveah

“Of course it does. It’s whatever you want to believe. I mean, is it really worth ruining centuries of friendship, just because of stress? And besides, the point I’m trying to make here is that no matter what, I’m positive you’ll do fine. Trust me, everything will be okay”

Madelyn

“I just hope your encouragement is enough to inspire me, because at this rate, I’m not sure what to do anymore. I just wish the stress didn’t have to consume me like this”

Neveah

“Whatever happens, I’m sure you’ll do great. Trust me on this one”

Madelyn

“There’s too much doubt inside me. What if I fail? What if the stress takes over? I don’t want people to think of me as someone who gives up. If I keep worrying like this, I’m going to be looked at as a failure.”

Neveah

“I have never given up on you, before and I’m not going to give up on you today.”

Act 2 Scene 2

Neveah

(Goes back to the room and notices Valentina still in the room)

“Is this a bad time? I don’t want to bother you if you’re busy”

Valentina

“Shh, he’s sleeping, don’t wake him. And no, it’s not a bad time. Why, is there something you need?”

Neveah

“It’s not exactly a need, it’s more of a want. Let’s just put it this way. I was planning on riding around London Domain Park to get some fresh air.”

Valentina

“So, you want a bike?”

Neveah

“Yes, a bike. That’s exactly what I want.”

Valentina

“There’s one in the backyard but be back before sunset”

Neveah

“Don’t worry, I will.”

(Walks out, puts back against door and sighs heavily)

“Or at least, I’ll try to”

Neveah

(Talking to herself while riding her friend’s bike)

“Wow! Who ever thought London could look so amazing”

Neveah

(Notices a young teenage boy walking across and then she loses control of the bike)

“Watch out!”

(The bike crashes into him and Neveah checks if he’s okay)

“I’m so sorry that happened. Are you okay?”

Conner

“I think I am”

Neveah

“Can you walk?”

Conner

“I don’t know but I’ll try”

Neveah

“Did I hurt you? I hope you’re okay”

Conner

“Don’t worry, everything is fine. You didn’t hurt me”

Neveah

“That’s a relief. I thought for a second that you were in serious pain. I wouldn’t want that to happen”

Conner

“I didn’t quite catch your name”

Neveah

“Neveah, princess of Belgium”

Conner

“You’re from Belgium?”

Neveah

“Well actually I was born in the states. Then I moved to Belgium when I was 15 and they crowned me princess after just two years of staying there.”

Conner

“What’s it like in the states? I would like to go there some day”

Neveah

“You want to know what it’s like in America?”

Conner

“Of course I do. Is it fun like everyone says it is? I mean, I never been there so I don’t know but since you were born in the states, maybe perhaps you do?”

Neveah

“It’s a diversity of many attractions. However, if you do ever get the chance of coming to America, I highly recommend Maine. It’s the best state there is. There’s a lot of awesome stuff you can do there and it has all four seasons, which makes it even more fun. The best part about Maine is that no matter what you’re into, it won’t be hard finding an activity you like. I recommend you give a try, when and if you go the states.”

Conner

“Okay, I’ll keep that in mind”

Neveah

“So you’re not upset about the… well…. you know?”

Conner

“Revolutionary War? Why would I be?”

Neveah

“No reason… You may have lost the war but you sure made up for it by being cute”

(Realizes what she just said)

“Please tell me I did not just say that”

Conner

“You’re something else”

Neveah

“I’m so embarrassed right now. Well I guess that’s what happens when you stumble into a cute boy. See? There I go again. I think you want me to stop talking”

Conner

“No, no. I like talking with you.” 

Neveah

“I like you too. Well, not like you like you. It’s just that you’re cute and I think we should spend more time together. ………Did anyone tell you how cute you are?”

Conner

“I hope we can meet again someday”

Neveah

(Notices sunset)

“Oh crap! Its already sunset!? I’m sorry, but I have to leave like right now.”

__________________

Neveah

(Walks in palace and notices decorations)

Madelyn

“So, you like the way they turned out?”

Neveah

“I don’t know what to say, I’m speechless”

Madelyn

“I didn’t know I had it in me”

Neveah

“See what I told you? I knew you were capable this whole time”

Madelyn

“Thanks for believing in me”

Neveah

“Why are you thanking me? You should be thanking yourself! You’re the one who put this together without any help. I mean, you should be proud of yourself”

Madelyn

“Thank you. I appreciate it”

Neveah

“I am genuine when it comes to advice, but you were the one who made this all happen. I’m really amazed at what you done”

Madelyn

“The good thing is, we still have two days to spare. Did you write the speech yet?”

Neveah

“Well I would have written it sooner but then there was this British boy named Conner”

Madelyn

“Who’s Conner? Wait, that’s not important right now”

Neveah

“I could probably get the speech written while you’re decorating.”

Madelyn

“Do you know exactly how long it will take though?”

Neveah

“I don’t know exactly how long it to be written, but I’m sure it won’t take long. Maybe a couple of minutes or so”

Madelyn

“Well I just hope it doesn’t take long, because I’ve been playing this party since September and if there isn’t a speech, then it will defeat the purpose.”

Neveah

“What if I give you the speech by tomorrow? Does that sound good?”

Madelyn

“As long as I get the speech, then that’s all that matters. You don’t have to worry about perfection. If your speech focuses on friendship, then that’s the important part”

Act 2 Scene 3

(It is December 22, 2814 and there are people are gathered for a prep-assembly. Madelyn walks to the stage and prepares her speech)

Madelyn

“I’m glad you could join me today. Now before I get into further detail I would like to make the following announcement. As you may all know, the upcoming party is revolved around Great Britain and America. Both countries will wear blue to honor friendship, forgiveness, and peace. Make sure you arrive on time, and be courteous of other countries because we won’t be the only countries celebrating”

Neveah

(Runs up stage trying to talk to her friend)

Madelyn

“Neveah, not now. It’s rude to interrupt when someone is giving a speech”

Neveah

“It’s very important”

Madelyn

“Is it more important then what’s going on right now?”

Neveah

“Remember that speech you wanted me to write? Well I finished writing it and the best part is, it only took me 10 minutes to write”

Madelyn

“Neveah, I can’t just stop what I’m doing and read it.”

(Sees Neveah is upset by this)

“I’m still your friend. It’s just that you need to realize that with me being the ambassador, I can’t have fun all the time. I have responsibilities I need to tend to.”

Neveah

“But you’re happy that I wrote it, aren’t you?”

Madelyn

“Yes, I am, I’m very glad, but right now I can’t read it. Maybe later.”

part 2 of my 5 part project