He Left Her - a monologue from the book | Teen Ink

He Left Her - a monologue from the book

By Taylornelson22 BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
Taylornelson22 BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky

Set directions:  The stage is set during the early morning around 3 a.m. the only light is coming from two dimly lit street lamps. There’s a light breeze blowing her hair and her nightgown. We see 35-year-old Louisa Clark on the top of her apartment building, wearing her nightgown, in London just standing there, still. She has a bottle of wine in her hand from her late-night drinking. She stares at the sky and starts to sway back and forth, thinking of the last time she saw Will Trainor. She gets so upset thinking about Will, that she starts to cry. She gets so mad she starts to yell at the sky. We see Will standing in the corner with a cloud covering his lower body symbolizing that he is in heaven.

Monologue: Louisa: I can’t believe you did this to me Will! How could you just leave me here alone with nothing! I need to see you again Will, I just must. (crying)

Will: (a dim light starts to shine on Will) I didn’t do it on purpose Louisa, I didn’t want to leave you. You know I never wanted to hurt you, Clark. You meant everything to me. I had no choice to do what I did, (pause) I just wasn’t myself and I couldn’t stand it anymore. (getting teary eyed) You know how much I loved you, you don’t understand how much I miss your soft, gentle touch. (pause) Oh how much I miss living. (tears coming down his face) I wish I never did this to you! (getting angry) Why did I ever do this to you! You were so good to me, so kind and now I cause you all this pain! (crying tears of anger) You were the best thing that has ever happened to me Clark. (looks down at the ground) I ha- (watches Louisa fall off the building and crash to the ground) (pause) what have I just witnessed, am I seeing this right? (wipes eyes to make sure he saw that right) Did she just fall off her building? (shocked) She fell (pause) because of me. (sad tone) (lowers head so he is looking at the ground) (the lights start to fade away until completely dark) 

this was my dramatic monolouge that i wrote for my freshman english class.