sorar tera | Teen Ink

sorar tera

Mark finds himself in a green fertile redwood forest aftr walking home one day from school he dose not now how he got there and must deal with his pannic attacks to keep sane .  soon he finds he is not in nibraska anymore wen the world as he knows it is what seemes to be lost forever .  He must desover what htis land is why he is there and if he can ever return home  . here he will meet people from lost civliations and battle beasts unknown to man  in this sister erath . 

Chapter 1: Midgaurd

Waves hundreds of feet high swell in the black waters.  The gales threw the sails forcing them to bulge, and the storm had blown the longboat off course.  The slaves on board shivered and huddled together for warmth as the sailors held the masts and scrambled to keep the boat from sinking. With a flash of blinding light the captain of the ship threw back his hood to face the sea  head on.  Barking orders, a figure on the bow of the ship, would throw up his arms and sing into the night.  His voice was swallowed by the wind and waves, a sword in his hand as he screamed the tunes of old Norse prayers, insults and words of thanks to the Allfather.  He  thanked the lord of the hanged that he sent the god of thunder himself to escort them through the dangerous seas.
     The crew cheered because it was Thor they were facing.  The trip was blessed and every thunder strike was like the god  striking his hammer on some foul beast. The captain knew this  hope would not last.  He could see no stars the sky was pitch black and the waters too turbulent. They were lost at sea. A great crash of light cascaded down from the heavens as the man on the bow of she ship sang and struck him.  The smell of burning metal l filled the air as he toppled overbored.  The crew threw their arms up in an uproar of laughter.  The captain looked up into the skies for a brief moment then his jaw dropped. It was that moment he saw it. A bolt of electricity, in slow motion as if dancing, heading straight for him. He had no time to react and only stared  as the lightning hit him the world went silent .
     The air became warm, his eyes were closed, bracing for impact of  the lightning but no pain came. Opening his eyes, he looked around and saw the sun bright and warm high in the sky.  It looked to be mid afternoon. “‘But how?” the captain thought. It had just been midnight moments before.He gazed around and saw his crew. Some were curled around boxes of supplies and loot, others held onto the side of the boat and were throwing up.  All of their heads pounded.  Getting up, the caption swayed  and looked around at the new surroundings. There were wide open seas, no clouds, no storms, just a stunning azure sea as calm as a sleeping dog . Soon, the crew began to panic. The slaves on board had become more alert and started looking around.  The air was almost sweet. It smelled of salt and something earthy and tropical One of the youngest crewmates  climbed to the top of the front sail.  His hands were shaking with fear and adventure. He gazed into the great expanse and his heart dropped “ Birds! I See birds ! “ He shouted. The men and the slaves on board ran to the  port side of the deck, there, they saw the birds on the horizon just peeking out the top of a mountain .

this story is not nearly complate its something i have to publish for creative writing classs.  i do pllan on making hthis a fll book .