Nightmare Hunters Part 1 | Teen Ink

Nightmare Hunters Part 1

By XFireRex BRONZE, Reinbeck, Iowa
XFireRex BRONZE, Reinbeck, Iowa

Never Give up. Always be creative. Dream big. Eat cheese! Make Bagels! AND BE HAPPY!

Hardy, was fast asleep on the couch when a pillow had hit his face to wake him up.  It was Audey his best friend who had thrown the pillow.
Audey was Hardy’s oldest and greatest friend.  They had been together ever since they had meet back at preschool.  They had been together for so long now they were partners.
“What up, Boss?”  Hardy asked sitting up on the bed arms crossed, eyes closed.  His blond and black hair shining as the blanket fall off him showing his onez he went to bed in.
“We’ve got a mission,” Audey said, putting a toothpick into her mouth.  Audey had a bad habit of chewing her lip so Hardy gave her toothpicks to chew on instead of her lip.
“Already?  It’s six am,”
“Class one, not a big deal, come on let’s get ready.”  Audey said, as she turned around and walked into her bedroom as her black long hair flowed like the wind.
“Alright boss,”  Hardy said, jumping off the couch and heading to his room.
Hardy, put on his yellow armed jeans which matched his yellow armed chest plate slash shirt.  Hardy’s jeans had the metal arm put between the cloth that touches his legs and what is on the outside.  So enemies don’t know their is metal in it until they hit it.  His shirt on the other hand wasn’t so. . . stealthy.  His shirt was covered in metal pieces for armor.  He put on his steel toes boots and grabbed his sword.  His sword clung to his back with a thud, thanks to turn off and on magnet.
Audey brushed her hair and sprayed it with a special spray that made it so it didn’t move much.  Audey didn’t care about how she look as long as she didn’t look like she needed help.  Her suit for all of her missions was a pair of jeans and boots just like Hardy’s but they be black with a line of purple.  Her shirt was a black shirt with long sleeves.  She puts on a second lairs of metal purple and black armor that covers both her legs, arms and feets.  She grabbed the metal brick that looks to be made of many different pieces, the handle of the metal brick stuck out like a green dot would on a black background.  The metal brick fit perfectly in a metal slot on her back.  The brick was about two feet wide and two feet long.
Both walked out of their bedrooms at the same time.  Audey replaced the toothpick in her mouth with a new one.  Hardy pressed a few buttons on his arm which is supposed to be hidden by a metal cover.  But he took off the cover to mess with it like he always does.
They walked to the garga, keys in Audey’s hands.
“Now we are live on the scene.  The nightmare seems to have changed from a class one to a class four in the matter of minutes!  Anyone who lives or travels through the highways of sixteen and-  Look out!”  The news broadcaster was nearly shot out of the sick when the monster threw a giant piece of highway at them.
Anyone watching at home, would see a giant monster that looks like a giant bear that seems to be twenty feet big with spikes coming out of its body and its face had be wide eyes that seem to be all white.  It’s mouth was small and thanks to its sharp teeth sticking out of its mouth it wouldn’t be able to move its mouth expect to open it.  The monster had no fur but pictch black skin, it had pink and purple lines all around its body.  The monster had been destroying parks of highways for about fifteen minutes and already three highways had been destroyed.  Lucky everyone was able to get out in time before was hurt.  The news had always said for those fifteen minutes that no NH had shown up yet.
As soon as sixteen minutes hit though.
“Two NH are on the scene, now!”  The news broadcaster yelled through the helicopter.
A motorcycle was zooming past all the ramble or even using it as a ramp to get high into the air.  The drive was wearing a purple and black rare battle armor.  Her helmet was the only thing that didn’t match, which was green.
Audey started to circle around the monster.
“Okay Hardy, I got it’s attention,” Audey said through her ear piece.
“I’m almost there!” Hardy yelled running as fast as he can towards his partner and monster about to fight.
“Take you time,” Audey said, as she took the metal brick off her back.
Audey provided dodging the monster’s attacks, as she took out what looked like pistol clip but it glowed white and she inserted it into the metal brick.  The metal brick went from purple to pick and turned into a giant metal mallet.  The handle was ten feet long and the head of it was a cube shaped that was twenty feet long and twenty feet wide.
Audey jumped off the motorcycle and had it softly crash into the softest pillow rumble she could see.  She took her mallet with both hands her specially made battle suit.  She activities her leg boosts and she jumped so she be eye level with the monster.
Before the monster could react, she slammed down the mallet so hard, it broke the sound barrier and smashed the monster’s head into the ground with a crack and boom sound.
“It be as big as a class four, but it’s still as easy as a class two,” Audey said, as she started walking back to her motorcycle.
The monster rose up from the ground.  It raised its razor sharp claw paw and swung it at the unexpecting Audey.
Just before the monster’s paw made contact, Hardy blocked it with his two handed sword.
“Just because it started of as a class two doesn’t mean it can get stronger over time boss,” Hardy said, shakely and sound quite tired like he was he was doing push ups as, he said it.
“Fair enough old friend,” Audey said, turning around and emotionless.
“Mind helping.”
“Oh of course.”
Hardy was able to push the monster away enough for Audey to fly past him and hit the monster in the chest with her mallet.  The monster was sent flying and landed on a sharp piece of cement.
The monster began to bleed a strange black liquid.  It had the thickness of paint.
Before the monster could react, Hardy jumped onto the head of Audey’s mallet and with one might swing, Hardy was sent flying towards the monster and with a fast, strong swing the monster’s head was cut of.
The monster had no bones, veins, nerves, or anything else a normal living creature needs or has.
The monster’s body turned into a dark black fog.  Hardy examined the fog.
“Class B boss,” Hardy said, watching the fog disappear into the sky.
“Yes, I wonder who’s nightmare it was?” Audey asked, watching with him.
“I don’t think it was a fear this time boss.  I think it might have been someone’s road rage.”
“I wouldn’t doubt it.  Road rage as been a problem for the past few years.”
“That’s is why I don’t drive.”
“I thought it was because you cra-”
“Boss, please don’t remind me of the goat cart incident.”
“Go Kart.  Not goat cart.”
“Can we go home?”
Audey nodded her emotionless expression never leaving her face like always.  Audey took out her toothpick and replaced it with a new one.  Audey grabbed her motorcycle and started walking with Hardy home.
“Awwe, boss you're walking home with me,” Hardy said with a smile.
“I think my bike is broken,” Audey said, in a cold and emotionless tone that she always talks with.
“That seems about right.”

In an unknown location a unknown person with seven other behind watch the two friends walk away from site, where they had just killed a monster.
“Those two are interesting, no?”  A unknown women said to the man who seemed to be in charge.
“Add those two, to the big list of nightmare hunters to keep an eye on,”  Said the leader.
“Yes, my king,” Said the one with the glowly green circle on his hand.
“It’s time my children, time for us to come back in full glory.”

This is part one of a series or maybe a book that I'm writing so far when this comes out part 3 will be done.  But I want too see what people think.  If you have ideas, questions, advice, or anything that could help me please don't be shy and tell me.