The One Simple Cybro | Teen Ink

The One Simple Cybro

May 12, 2018
By cybro BRONZE, Berkeley, California
cybro BRONZE, Berkeley, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My name is Simple Cybro and I live on planet Cybrolandia. Everyone else on the planet is a different version of our god, Cybro the Great. Let me give you some examples of Cybros: Tall Cybro, Quick Cybro, Lizard Cybro, Inside out Cybro, Beast Cybro, Mushroom Cybro and that’s only 6 of the 10 million Cybros. But me, I’m just a boring, plain Simple Cybro. There isn’t anything special about me, and at school the other Cybros bully me. For that reason, I have no friends because no one sees anything inside me that stands out. I’m just simple, and I was born that way and I can’t control that.

One day after school I am walking home alone in the cold rain. The dark clouds in the sky made it seem like it was night time. While walking, I hear someone crying in the distance. As I get closer with each step, the crying becomes louder. I then see an adult Cybro sitting down crying with his hands on his face. I ask,
“Hello, are you okay sir?”
He looks up and grabs a knife out and stands up. I quickly turn and run faster than I ever have. After running for 20 seconds, I look back and don’t see him anymore. I start to slow down and catch my breath. As soon as I look up, I see another guy in front of me, carrying giants guns. He has at least 20 different types of guns on him.
He whispers in my ear:
“Hey there little buddy, want to be an experiment for my test?”
He then backs up and starts laughing like a maniac. Then, a loud sound ripples through the neighborhood. I opened my eyes, thinking he missed me. But then I see blood dripping down my shirt. There was a gun in my chest, and an open wound that started closing back up, healing itself in an instant. Then the Gun Cybro start rapid firing me. Nothing, I didn’t feel a thing.  I am amazed at what’s happening to wounds, but not as amazed as the Gun Cybro. He is in complete disbelief and starts running away.
As he is running, he yells in fear “He’s a god! He’s a god!”

I go home that night, not telling anyone what I can do. I am so fascinated by my secretly ability that I take a knife and cut my wrist, no pain. I smile, excited to show the whole world that I’m not just a Simple Cybro.

“Wake up! time for school!” screeched Midget Mom Cybro. I hop out of bed and grab my bag and head for the door. Right when I was about to leave for school, the TV blasted.
“Breaking news! A loose criminal was found again while telling the cops he shot a Cybro and they were not harmed. Here is the footage from the street light cameras.” I grin but have mixed emotions.
When I get to school everyone is talking about me on the news. Thug Cybro sees me and says,
“Yo, it’s the legend Simple Cybro!” After that I started making friends who are amazed by my ability. The whole school starts carrying me and throwing me up and down, chanting my name, like I’m some kind of champion. This goes on for a bit, but eventually I get tossed onto a group of weak Cybros, and I crash and hit my head on the ground and become unconscious.

“Wake up! time for school!” screeched Midget Mom Cybro. I then wake up, rubbing my eyes, confused.  I then realize that I’m in my room and all that was just a dream. All my confidence drains out of me. I want to lie in bed and dream again about being the legend Cybro, but I know I have to go to school and face the reality of being simple Cybro. As I’m walking to school, an amazing thought comes to my mind. I’m the only Cybro who could ever dream of dreams this amazing, so I go to school that day and start telling Cybro friends about my dreams. It starts with 2 Cybros who loved listening to them every day, to 30 Cybros, and then more. I start making friends who then call me Dream Cybro.


The author's comments:

I wrote this story for my English class and my teacher really liked it and thought it was very creative. I want people to get the message that everyone is unique and has something to offer.