Giving it All | Teen Ink

Giving it All

June 9, 2017
By NateJones GOLD, Princeton, New Jersey
NateJones GOLD, Princeton, New Jersey
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Where did it go?”

“What?”

“Where did it go!”

“Jay, what are you talking about?”

“The love! All that love I gave you; I left it right here. On your porch, and I need it back.”

“That’s not something I can give you.”

“Well I need it ok! I found someone. Another girl. A girl who’s pretty and smart, and she makes me laugh. I know it sounds stupid, but I love her Jess, but she’s leavin’ me! She’s leavin’ me because I don’t have any love to give her. Right now. So I’m gonna need it back.”

“I already gave you the pillow you made me. Or that money for the necklace? I left it in an envelope on your doorstep! That’s about all you ever gave me.”

“No! No! No! I gave you all that love and I need it back! Give it back, Jess!”

“Stop! Alright, you know you’re not even supposed to be here. You’re not supposed to be in my yard, Jay! I can tell them to pick you up, and they’ll bring you right back there!”

“It’s not right to keep it from a person! It’s just not right. Is it in this flower pot here? You probably hid it deep in this dirt, didn’t you!”

“Stop tearing up my lilacs!”

“Well I need it! I need my love, because she is leaving me! She’s perfect, Jess. But she won’t pick up the phone; she won’t come to my dinners.”

“Now really isn’t the time.”

“But she’s in the bar with him! I saw her in the bar with... and he’s making her smile, and she never even smiles for me!”

“Here.”

“What is this?”

“This is all you gave me.”

“Where’s the rest of it? I need all of it!”

“This is all you gave me. All three years. That’s why she won’t pick up your damn phone.”