The Story of Annabelle and Eva | Teen Ink

The Story of Annabelle and Eva

By Almira BRONZE, Coppell, Texas
Almira BRONZE, Coppell, Texas

In a far off land in another universe known to no one besides the ones who lived there was Corinna Land; this land was not your average city, Corinna was a land for all the fairies in the world located in the outer galaxies of Earth. Now you may be thinking that fairies don’t exist, but you are most definitely wrong! Every single human being in this entire universe has their own fairy to watch of their every action, good and bad, throughout the span of their life. These fairies then report back to the head fairy when their human dies and it is then decided whether the human will go to heaven or the other not so good place. This particular story is about two fairies, Annabelle and Eva, who are sent on a mission to help another fairy who has been trapped on Earth. Celestine, the head fairy, gives both Anabelle an Eva specific instructions that are to be followed while on this trip; they are not to be distracted by any materialistic things that are on Earth. As both fairies descend down onto Earth they are surrounded by the colorful lights and a blanket of white fresh snow as more slowly drifts down from the sky. There are a great deal of shops as well as restaurants, all full of people buying last minute presents or eating a delectable meal with their friends and family. As Annabelle and Eva attempt to go across town it is an enormous obstacle to stay focused on the task given and not to be distracted by the bright lights and the various toys that are being displayed in the windows of many tiny shops. However, they come across a small bakery where both fairies are hit with the most mouthwatering aroma of freshly baked pastries and other treats that have been put out for sale for the holidays. But one certain item sticks out to Anabelle, there are a basket of freshly picked apples and within this basket there is the reddest and most succulent apple she had ever laid her eyes on. Without thinking Annabelle rapidly flies into the store and takes a bite out of this apple. Little did she know that this had been a test set by Celestine and there was going to be a serious consequence for the action she had made. The apple had been covered in a pixie dust that makes any human or fairy that digests it immediately blackout (temporarily of course). Eva then takes an unconscious Annabelle back up to Corinna Land frightened and worried about her well being. When Annabelle regains consciousness Celestine tells both faires that they had been tested and as we know Annabelle had failed. Her wings were taken away from her and for disobeying specific instructions given by the head fairy she is then turned into a human being without a single recollection of Corinna or anything that happened in her past life. As a consequence she has to go through all the struggles and complications of being a human instead of the pure life of a fairy.

This piece was written becasue I was greatly inspired by the story of Icarus. Through this piece I hope that people are able to learn the lesson that it is crucial to have a balanced life; we cannot be too greedy yet we can not be fearful and avoid everything.