princess and the frog | Teen Ink

princess and the frog

By Callie.Brisentine PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Callie.Brisentine PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana

We meat for a reason either you're a blessing or a lesson.

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Grimm there was a boy. This boy was poor and a thief. One day the boy was playing near the witches’ house. Everyone else in the kingdom knew better then to go near the witches’ house. The boy of course didn’t care. He thought he was the strongest and smartest of all the kingdoms. So he snuck closer and closer to her cottage. This witch was the baddest and smartest witch of all. So she made her house out of candy to trap kids. The boy did not know all of this, the only thing he knows is there’s a house made out of candy. This boy, being poor, had never had candy before.
The boy crept toward the house and took a huge bite of the door. He decided sugar was gross and walked into the house. He walked toward two beds where two kids were sleeping. A beautiful girl with blond hair and a boy with blond hair. They were fast asleep so the boy walked to a door beside the beds. He put his ear to the door and listened to singing:
Children, Children
Soon in my belly
Children, Children
Sweeter than jelly.
The boy did not like the sound of this and decided to leave. When he got to the door he stopped and turned around and saw the most amazing diamond ever. The boy thought the diamond would make his father very proud so he took it. He was almost home when he heard the most awefull yell. Then all of a sudden, the diamond started to pull him back toward the witches’ house. The boy refused to let go so, the diamond pulled him all the way back to the witches’ house and dropped right infront of her door. “Foolish boy to steal from a witch,” said the witch.
“Im sorry, Im so sorry please don’t eat me,” replied the boy.
“I won’t eat you. Youre to skinny I’ll just think of something else’” So she stood there and thought. “I know I’ll turn you in to a frog because that’s what you are.”
Before the boy could say anything the witch turned him into a frog.
“Now you’re slippery on the inside as well as the outside and you’ll stay like this till a trur hearted princess kisses you,” the witch boasted.
So he hopped to the pond at the edge of the woods and waited for his princess. He felt like he’d always be a slimy green frog.
A little girl with a red cloak and wodden basket came to the pond. She set her basket down next to her and nelt down to get a drink. “Hello beautiful princess!” the frog called out. The little girl screamed.
“No don’t be afraid I’m just a frog,” said the frog.
The girl stopped.” Oh I’m sorry .I have never seen a talking frog before,” replied the girl.
“its ok princess!” said the frog
“I’m not a princess. I’m just a girl delivering cookies to my grandma,” said the girl. Then she got up and left. The frog thought that this was rude so he followed her. Soon the girl came upon a wolf. The wolf licked her and threw her over his shoulder. The frog hopped out of his hiding spot and hit the wolf. The wolf dropped the girl and ran off in the woods. The girl collected her basket and ran down the path towards her grandma’s house. The poor frog hopped back to his pond…all…alone.
2 years later
The frog had given up hope very long ago. He kind of liked being a frog. This made the witch very mad so she came up to the frog and said “you have one year to find a true hearted princess.” Then she vanished. So the frog headed for the nearest castle and knocked on the door. A young man answered the door. “Hello young prince is there a princess that lives here?” asked the frog.
“No, but I have a problem would you like to come in for dinner? You might be able to help me,” said the prince. The frog agreed. They ate dinner by the fountain in the backyard. “So I had this party last night and this beautiful girl lost her shoe and I don’t know how to find her. What should I do?” asked the prince.
The frog knew what to do. “You and your guards should search the kingdom looking for her,” said the frog.
The prince did what the frog said and found her. The frog of course was invited to the wedding. After the wedding the frog said goodbye to the new couple and started on his journey to the next castle. At every castle the prince had a problem and the frog helped. After a few months he got tired of this but then he ran into a problem. He got to where a castle was supposed to be. There was no castle, but tall, spikey vines. The frog, being small, crawled under the vines and soon hit a wall. The castle was hidden behind a thick layer of vines. The frog soon found a door and slithered under the door. All around the castle were sleeping people. The frog hopped to the nearest person and kissed her. It didn’t have any effect on her. So he hopped away in defeat. Soon he came upon a tower. “I wonder where this goes to?” the frog thought out loud.
He began to climb the steps to the top. At the top he saw the most beautiful princess ever. He hopped on her chest and did everything he could to wake her, but nothing worked. So he decided to kiss her in hopes of breaking his spell. Sadly this didn’t work so the little frog left. As he traveled to the next kingdom he stumbled upon a magical forest where he met an old lady. “Hello little lady! Which way is the castle?” asked the frog. The lady couldn’t see the frog and stepped on his arm. The frog cried out in pain but it did no good so he pulled at his arm till there was a horrible pop!
His arm had come off. This made the frog upset so he hopped away as fast as his little legs would carry him. Soon he came to a pond where he could take care of his arm. Using the water from the pond he stopped the bleeding. The frog didn’t know the water was magical and would help him on his journey to find his princess. Once he was finished cleaning up his arm he felt very exhausted. He found a nice hollow in a tree where he could sleep for a couple of hours.
Once he woke up he noticed his arm was back on and normal. This made the frog very grateful and he realized he didn’t need a princess all he needed was to be happy and he was happy as a frog. The End.