The Apocalypse Rising | Teen Ink

The Apocalypse Rising

By Bleach10101 BRONZE, Hillsborough, North Carolina
Bleach10101 BRONZE, Hillsborough, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

It was September 11th all over again but worse. The sky was black with smoke, the streets were empty and my life was full of grief. I felt as if I had just suddenly fell in lava only to survive to feel the pain. I had a family who was escaping the disasters on earth to a planet in another galaxy about 3 light years away.  It was October 31st, 2169 in Orange County, California and I was on a business trip to see some clients, when the news came on TV, they said that a giant earthquake had just started in Marineland CA it started to fall under ground into lava beneath the crust. “This can’t be real” I said to myself “Last night on the news they said the next earthquake wasn’t due for another 5 years”.
In panic I called my boss to see what to do and he told me to just keep going with my trip and told me its nothing to worry about. When I hung up, I wasn’t convinced he was sure himself. An hour had passed and I started feeling small vibrations getting bigger and bigger as time went by. Three hours passed and finally the vibrations stopped. I was satisfied too soon when the real trouble began. I was just outside when the ground started shaking again and when I looked behind me, I saw the building falling down! I ran as fast as I could just barely escaping the debris of the once standing building which my client was still in.
In 30 minutes, the police, fire department and the ambulance came to the wreckage searching for survivors. They asked me if I could help them find my clients and anyone else in the building, and I did. We found no survivors in the wreckage meaning no intel on how this happened. Even though there was no survivors other than me when I was outside the building, they called me in for questioning to see if I saw anything unusual. I told them what I knew and what I saw, but there was nothing suspicious. ”No one looked suspicious inside or out” I told them. ”The building didn’t start falling until after those vibrations started”. They looked at me with fear in their eyes.
They told me to leave after that and said no more but ”run and tell no one about this”. I did half of what they told me to do. I only left the building but did not run. instead I headed to my apartment where I lived until my trip was over. When I got inside, I got undressed and sat on the couch and turned the news on. There was an “Update” on the earthquake story. The Newsman said “The earthquake is now headed towards Orange county, California, so I would advise you to PACK YOUR BAGS AND GET THE ---- OUT OF HERE AND AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!!!” then it happened. I ran for my bags and packed as fast as I could without any hesitation and my last thought was Family. I made a two quick calls; one was to my boss and one to my family.
My boss didn’t say anything except “GET OUT OF THERE NOW!!!” I hung up and made the last phone call I would ever make for a long time. I called my wife and told her what was happening and told her it would reach them by the time they would leave. Her last words were “Be careful and I love you”. Before I hung up I told her to take a flight to NASA to head to the other planet that was able to sustain life. They had already moved everything humans would need such as animals, construction vehicles and every other supply we would need to survive on the planet. I told them I would meet them there and we would be united again, and forever until death.
My last words before the explosion were “I will find you” then I hung up and left the building just before it exploded. Ash was everywhere from people to buildings to cars to everything within a hundred miles. I got to the airport which was covered with ash from the explosion. the flights were delayed since the pilots were afraid to leave because if they tried the earth would open and swallow them up from below. One was willing to leave to get out of the state. I took that flight along with 99 other passengers on flight 36. We took off and sure enough, the ground started to open up as if it were a giant about to eat the plane.
We were lucky we got off the ground because as soon as we were in the sky, the crack suddenly blasted lava all over the airport killing anyone who was left there. It was the beginning of an age of destruction and terror, and the beginning of the apocalypse. It was turning night time and the plane was still meaning we were safe for now. I had to calculate the speed of the destruction and how long we would have before the hazards reached NASA so we would no if we would make it or at least a couple or one that is. All the passengers were asleep except for me using my laptop to do the math. All it took was finding the point of where it started and find where it was now and calculated its speed.
Our plane was doing 575 mph and the destruction was moving at 367 mph. I was relieved that we would have a ton of time to get in the Shuttle and take off without the destruction catching up with our plane.So then the plane crashed into the ground  but there was one surviver and it was me and thats when I started to fight back.The end for now 

I hope that people will want a second article.What inspired me was friend with an idea like this