The Adventures of Jonny | Teen Ink

The Adventures of Jonny

“Ryan let’s go!”
“Finally!”
“Guys come back! You two are part of the student council you can’t go run off to go and gamble!” The student council president said while running towards the two man motorcycle.
“I wonder why she always bothers with telling us not to go when we always go anyways.”
“Who cares why she does it. She must have her reason.”
“Anyways where are we going this time?”
“We’re going to the Ryguden Mansion. I’m going to be a substitute for a chess player.” I say while reading a book and keeping my feet on the hull of the passenger seat.
“Ryguden Mansion! That’s really far from here, what time do you have to get there?”
“12:45”
“Well it looks like I’m going to have to speed up!” Ryan said with a giant grin on his face.
I quickly put my feet down and look at Ryan and quickly try to say, “Hey don’t do anything cra-“before I could finish my sentence Ryan pressed his foot firmly down upon the gas pedal while stating, “ Don’t worry if we get a speeding ticket as long as you win we can pay it off!
30 Minutes Later
“Times up! From now on you will only have 30 seconds to make a move”
“Wait but – “
I open the mansion door while slowly walking across the hallway and making my way towards the lounge where the game was taking place. As I arrived the player that requested a substitute looked relived as I entered. I examined the board looking for what plays would be the best and how the enemy could counter them. As I sat down into the chair the enemy laughed while saying, “Bwahahaha! You think this schoolboy can beat me! You must be more delusional than you look!”
I reply in a stoic voice, “What a sight we have here, the royal nobility laughing at the lower classes.” I slowly look down to the board and say, “Looks like this match will take a maximum of twenty minutes. I wonder what I’ll do in my free time.” He replies, “You only have thirty seconds to make a move.
“No problem.” And as I say say that I move my hand towards the king piece and lift it.
“Hmm, you start with your king?”
“If the King doesn’t lead how will his subordinates follow?”
“Eight minutes and fourth three seconds is a new record!”
“Hmph the royalty always pay big bucks to keep from any rumors to be spread.”
“This is a public announcement from the Emperor of Retania”
“Citizens of Retania, it pains my heart to know that you rebel against this wondrous empire. Why must you fight against it whilst you know you can’t win? Your technology is outdated and you use scare tactics and perform terrorist attacks? Why must you kill many of our innocent civilians? Please join me in this moment of silence.”
I walk over to the bike and tell Ryan to start driving. He asks, “Aren’t you joining in?” I reply, “Nah, it’s embarrassing.”
On the way back to school we see the military chasing after a group of terrorists riding a truck containing chemical weapons. The truck was moving at a high speed and we were right in front of it. Right as the truck was on top of us it suddenly swerved left and crashed into a building. I get out of the vehicle and run up to the truck to help thim as I didn’t know that they were terrorists and while climing up the ladder the truck suddenly turns on and I am thrown into it. I am know in the back of a terrorist’s truck please send for help.

To be continued…