Voices | Teen Ink

Voices

By Ayeron_Bruhh SILVER, Sacramento, California
Ayeron_Bruhh SILVER, Sacramento, California

Real eyes, realize, real lies-Tupac.
Step by step I don't see any other way to success-Michael Jordan

I’m just like any other boy from the outside. Watch every day, every second, and every minute passing me by. The thoughts in my mind. Happy? Sad? Afraid? To every good theirs a bad. As a boy what matters? Looks? Personality? People always judge. Entering the life of reality, that life isn’t fair. I see things differently, I see many points of view. How? You can say I have voices.

As I sit in class or out on the street I have voices talking to me. You can say devil and angel, they direct me in their ways. As a devil he will try to tell me the bad but it can show the outcome, angel will cry to tell me the good and show me the brighter way. Devils way may be easier to take but it will get you later, Angels way is to show the long term so nothing will bite me later. They guide me through most of my choices, where to go, and what to do.

Today was a great nice day, I was walking home, I see a boy get robbed gun point. I didn’t know what to do. Should I help? If I help I may risk my life of getting killed or shot. The person may lose money that can be made again. Is life worth it? I’m there shocked waiting for these voices. One voice saying help him you may get a reward another voice saying don’t help you may get hurt. As quick as I can I sadly didn’t help, I did go to him ask if he was hurt. He told me “Why didn’t you help?” I didn’t know how to answer the, he probably won’t understand these voices talking to me.

I slowly said, “Sorry I didn’t want to risk my life, look on the bright side you’re alive” I walked off knowing what I know of the voices telling me what to do. I don’t know if it’s just myself talking to myself or is it some spiritual spirit. I keep these voices to myself, I don’t know if I am the only one or am I the only one? As I walked off I hear, “Good choice”. I hope it was.

This is a realistic magical story. What inspired me was the thoughts int my head and making choices in life.