Black Magic | Teen Ink

Black Magic

February 9, 2015
By Mystery2000 SILVER, Weiser, Idaho
Mystery2000 SILVER, Weiser, Idaho
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you
-Benjamin Franklin


When I was kid, Fairies only existed in my head. Now,I spend every waking hour with them. It has been maybe 5 years since I was trapped in the Fairy world, time doesn't work here. For all I know, I could be 10000 years old. I don't know how it happened, I don't know when it happened, but I know I can never go back home.It all kinda happened fast. A beam of an extremely bright light, a painfully high pitched sound that made my ears bleed, the sound of metal footsteps clanging on the ground, the smell of burning iron, and a couple of men made entirely out of metal dragging me away somewhere.
I woke up sitting on a bed that was positioned in the exact center of the room. The walls were black, the windows were black, everything was black. I panicked, I couldn’t see anything. My eyes adjusted to the dark, and I saw a door a little ways away from the bed. I stood up and felt the dried blood on my face. I must've passed out. I pushed open the black cast iron doors, and found myself standing in a hallway. The hallway wasn’t like anything I had ever seen before. The floors were nothing but a glassy obsidian type rock. The walls were made of iron, and several portraits of brutal images were placed on the walls. I walked down the hallway, careful not to disturb anybody, and eventually came to a large room. I was horrified at the sight that was in front of my eyes. 100 or more people were crowded in one tiny room. On the table, was a bunch of charred, completely burned meat of some sort. The “things” around the table were kicking, biting, and climbing all over each other. They tore strips of meat off of their meal  and each other. I quickly ran past that door--holding in my vomit-- until I came to another door inside the door was a frog man thing.
“AHHHHH!!” I couldn’t help from screaming
“ Why must they always scream Harloo” the frog- man said with a scottish accent
Another creature emerged from the dark. It had the head of a fox and the body of a human man.
“Because, Flytrap you are sort of a scary looking man”  the fox said with a similar accent
“Who are you kid” they both asked in unicent.
I stared at them with wide eyes. “Okay” I said to myself out loud “ Ignore it, and it will go away, thats what dad always taught you”
“ Kid, we can hear you” Harloo said offended
“ Oh, umm…. sorry”  I said trying to sound like I meant it.
We spent a long time just staring at each other. It was so quiet, you could hear snoring coming from the other side of the castle. I noticed Flytrap’s eyes twitching, and they started bulging out of his head. I couldn’t stop from cringing at the sight of it.
Harloo broke the silence “ How did you even get here”
“ I don’t know” I told him “ I’m just want to go home”
“ Have you ever heard of magic Kid” Flytrap asked
“I have heard of it, but I don’t believe in it”
“Well it is real, and you can use it to get home”
I wondered whether or not to trust them or not. I was tired, I didn’t say anything and walked back to the room I woke up in. I couldn’t sleep that night, my mind wouldn’t be quite. I stood up when I assumed it was the next day. Harloo and Flytrap had been waiting for me.
“So kid?” Flytrap asked “What’s your decision”
“ What will happen to me if I say yes”
“We would give you the magic dust”
I held out my hands, Harloo dropped a small animal skin pouch in them. I opened up the pouch. Inside I saw black sparkling sand-like powder, it gave out a strange aura. The air around it wasn’t good it was evil. I had a terrible feeling in my gut, I held it out and insisted that Harloo take it back. He shook his head, and ran away. I was left standing there with a pouch full of black magic, and no way to use it. I began feeling dizzy, I was losing balance, I fell on the ground the magic dust spilled all over the floor in front of me. A figure began manifesting from the dust, a boy stood in front of me. He had short jet black hair, and was wearing jet black clothing. He looked down at me and snorted a laugh.
“ You summoned me” He said amusingly
“Actually I didn’t”
“ Then why am I here” he sounded annoyed 
“I don’t know”
“In that case I will grant you one wish”
“I wish to go home”
The room started to spin, all the things around me started to fade. I woke up in a similar setting. My bed in the corner of the wall. I stood up, and walked downstairs. Something wasn’t right, I didn’t see my parents, or my dog. The smell of smoke filled the house, but it was coming from outside. I opened the door, the whole town was on fire. Balls of fire we falling from the sky, landing on the roads, buildings and sidewalks. I turned around to go back inside. Something hit me in the back of the head, and I fell to the ground instantly I could feel the blood.
“This wasn’t right” I said to myself”
“This is the wrong world”
I was laying on the castle floor again
The boy with jet black hair stood over me and said
“Be careful what you wish for because It may be something sweet, it may be something nice but all magic good or bad comes at a very great price”
“ Now, What do you really want to wish for” he asked
“ Black Magic” was my response


The author's comments:

I really love dark Fantasy and Fairytales. The author Edgar Allen inspires me to write these kind of stories