The Tree Hollow | Teen Ink

The Tree Hollow

October 19, 2014
By Mystery2000 SILVER, Weiser, Idaho
Mystery2000 SILVER, Weiser, Idaho
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you
-Benjamin Franklin


The Tree Hollow
Maggi found herself sitting alone on a hard rock in the middle of nowhere. Her class had went on an overnight camping trip to Chickadee Forest; so they could study The wide array of plants and animals. On the bus ride there, Maggi’s teacher Mr. Flynn lectured them about how they needed to stay with their partners. He made sure all the kids had packed a whistle and a compass. When the bus arrived at their destination; all the kids ran off the bus excited to spend a night in the wilderness. All except for Maggi. Maggi was dreading this trip due to the fact that all of her other classmates practically ignored her. The kids began to pair up; you know the normal Taylor goes with Brittany, Sam goes with Toby. Yet nobody goes with Maggi, leaving her completely and utterly partner-less. Spastic kids began to part ways ( after another lecture from Mr.Flynn about safety). Maggi stormed off alone into the forest.
“Of course you’re the loner Maggi, nobody likes you.” She kept telling herself. A few hours the sound of lightning cracking in the distance, made Maggi jump. She tried to find her way back to the base camp, but no luck. The rain began beating fast against the forest floor; causing Maggi to slip and slide all over the place as she ran faster than a cheetah to find a her camp. Maggi gave up hope, and recoiled her self into a tree hollow. She imagined her whole class just leaving not even noticing she was there. Maggi found herself dozing off, and the next thing she knew she was being carried off by an unknown presence. Maggi woke up sprawled out on a soft floor made of crystal white flowers. The place was extraordinarily placid. She could hear things convulsing in laughter, and saw many skittering feet across the floor around her. A silent scream arose in Maggi’s throat  when she saw a woman walking towards her. The woman had soul piercing purple eyes that twinkled in the lights of the strange place. She had silver hair, and her dress short golden, fit perfectly on her slender body. The woman cordially held out her hand to help Maggi to her feet. She accepted hesitantly, and the woman introduced himself.
“Hello child.” The woman spoke words of genuine beauty  like a waterfall flowing into a crystal clear pond. It my voice sound raspy and ugly.

“H-hi.” Maggi stuttered

“What is your name dear”

“Maggi”

“Hello Maggi, my name is Greta

“Greta?” Maggi thought “doesn’t sound too bad”

“Welcome to the Tree Hollow”

Greta, still holding Maggi’s hand; showed her  the “Tree Hollow.” Maggi was shocked to see that not only was there another room; there were hundreds more rooms. Fantasy creatures hoarded the rooms’ some laughing others dancing. The sound of music fluttered into her ears, and she immediately wanted to dance. Greta continued to drag her down the hallway. Room after room, Creature after creature.
In the corner of Maggi’s  she could of sworn she saw a human child, but the figure faded into the back of Maggi’s mind. She felt the grasp of Greta loosen. When she looked to her side Greta had disappeared; leaving Maggi alone in front of a huge stone pillar. Maggi looked up at the huge stone pillar. Her confused gaze turned to fear as she saw the images and words that written on the stone pillar.


The final words of Maurica Aegerpocales
I Maurica Aegerpocles will rise again. When I do I will destroy my sister Greta Farendell Queen of light. All faery creatures will suffer under my wraith. The faery world will burn, as well as the human world. For I am Maurica, Empress  of the underworld. Any and all Creature and Human that have brought me nothing but distraught or misfortune shall be burned in my cauldron of death. If you choose to join me; you will be spared. These words I have spoken are a warning to everybody. For all I see in your future is FIRE AND DEATH!!!.

The image of a woman laid below the words. The woman had flaming red hair that burned anything that was unlucky enough to touch it. Her eyes were metallic black. Her face was  young and Beautiful, and her long black dress flowed elegantly  around her stick thin body . A familiar figure stood beside Maurica. Maggi immediately recognised that is was Greta. Greta was standing over Maurica her arm raised about to give the signal to subdue her sister into silence. "Why would Greta ever show me this?" Maggi thought. The tree hollow was supposed to be a safe place. Maggi wanted to leave. A crash made Maggi flinch. Lightning cracked and the tree hollow caught fire. Standing in front of Maggi was Maurica Aegerpocales. A wicked grin wide and glowing with sharp rows of dagger like teeth. "Oh crap." And with one snap of Maurica's finger she and  Maggi disappeared into thin air never to be seen again.


The author's comments:

The book series Iron Fey inspired me to write this fantasy piece

 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences