A Changed Life | Teen Ink

A Changed Life

By Katielyn19 SILVER, Halfway, Missouri
Katielyn19 SILVER, Halfway, Missouri

"My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, & known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me, that I must love a loathed enemy" ~Romeo and Juliet

15 July 2012

Tonight, the lull in my life ended. For once, it wasn't boring, it wasn't long, and I wasn't just going through the motions like I have been for so many months now. Tonight…I was attacked…and he wasn't human. It happened so fast, I had no time to react, no time to scream. All I can remember is how rough the brick wall was as my body hit it, the cold concrete beneath me, and red glowing eyes. I know someone saved me, someone had to have saved me, but I don’t think he was human either. He moved with unnatural speed, and nothing human would make the terrifying growling sounds that they made as they fought. The last thing I remember before darkness took over, is a pair of cold grey eyes and short black hair. I don’t know what happened, but I know I can’t tell anyone, not even my best friend. Things are going to change for me, I can feel it, but what those changes are…I’ll have to find out with time.

28 July 2012

It’s been about a week since the night I was attacked. Everything in my life is going on like normal, because no one knows what happened. I haven’t been able to tell a soul and the more time that passes, the more it feels like a dream. I don’t even know if it really happened or if I imagined the whole thing, because there hasn't been a mark on me. The way I hit the wall, I know I should at least have some bruises and scrapes, but I look the same as I always do. How can I know for sure it was real when I bear no marks of the encounter? Regardless, I refuse to go out, but I can’t find comfort in my routine either. I want excitement in my life, maybe without being attacked; but more than that…I want to find the man that rescued me, if he was even a man. I have been dreaming of gray eyes and black hair ever since that night. I can’t get him out of my thoughts, and that scares me.

5 August 2012

He came into my bar tonight. I froze when I saw him, almost dropping the glass I’d been holding. At first I thought I must be dreaming but he came straight up to me, and as soon as I saw his face I knew. He’s the man that rescued me the night I was attacked. He looks normal though, except for the grace with which he walks. He has deep gray eyes, a mop of curly black hair, and that same leather jacket. He looked completely unfazed at seeing me, but still he spoke to me. When I asked who he was he only told me he was there to help me, that I was in danger. I don’t know if I should believe him, hell I don’t even know if he’s human. I need someone to tell me what to do, but I still can’t go to anyone. What do I do?

16 August 2012

It's been a week since he came into my bar...since we talked. He told me he does a special kind of work for the government, but I don't think that's true. Since he came into my bar, strange things have been happening. I feel like people are following me...watching me all the time. I've seen three strange looking men...all of them pale, in dark clothes, and wearing dark shades. Something is going to happen soon. I can feel it. I just wish I knew what it was, and I wish I knew his name. He's captivated me, but I don't know a thing about him. I don't know what to do...if I have to do anything.

12 August 2012

I was right. Strange things are happening and I don’t know what's real anymore. The supernatural has become very real, very fast, and I can't tell anyone. I won't. The only person I can talk to is him. He's not human...but I don't know what else he could be. I only know what he's not. He's not human, not a vampire, or a wolf, or a witch. But he has immense powers and he scares me. But, for some reason that I don't understand, he's been protecting me. I don't know why...what makes me so special? I'm just a bartender from Chicago. Ever since the night I was attacked, people have been coming after me. It's always when I'm alone. I keep trying to run but he's always there and takes me somewhere safe. I can't get away from him...and I don' know if I want to.

22 August 2012

I'm still running for my life, but now I know what I'm running from, what he is, and his name. His enemies are after me, they seem big enough to be an army. They're demons....and he's a fallen angel. I guess that technically makes him a demon too, but he's more powerful. Only there are laws that he has to follow if he wants to live, if he wants to keep me safe. I don't know how long this war between the demons has been going on, probably for a lot longer than I've been alive. But I'm part of it now. I still find it hard to believe, but I can’t ignore it anymore. I have powers, just as strong if not stronger than his. I’m not a fallen angel though apparently I used to be. He calls me Iliana, that was my name in the past, and he tells me I’m the only one who can help win this war. But how can I do that when I don’t even know what I am? How can we win this when I have no control over my powers?

3 September 2012

I'm terrified but I don't want to leave. I can't. I can’t leave him anymore than he can leave me. I have fallen for a fallen angel, my fallen angel; and trust me I get the irony of that. But he's protected me from everything, including myself though I'll never admit that to him. I don't know when this war will end...or when I'll be safe again...or even how I can help. But I know that I'll stand by him....by Erik, my fallen angel...for as long as I can. I won't leave him, and I know he won't leave me. Maybe I'm stupid for staying when I know the danger and the risks. But I can't help myself, because if I leave, they might as well kill me. Erik has become my reason for living, for fighting for my life. And I'll never let him go...not until the day I die, which could be very soon. I have to leave my old life behind. My family, my friends, my home…and I am not allowed to say goodbye. I can't even bring my diary because I know he'll burn it. There's too much danger if someone finds it....it could destroy all of us if this secret war ever got out. So I'll leave...and we'll fight. Maybe one day I can come back and let everyone know that I'm okay. It’s tough living with so many secrets, but I can’t turn my back on this. There’s just too much at stake. One day I’ll return, but that day is not today. So all I can say for now is....

Goodbye.