Unvirus | Teen Ink

Unvirus

By Evelynnnn BRONZE, New York, New York
Evelynnnn BRONZE, New York, New York

Piper Powell was one the best scientists in the world. Powell was a powerful person and could solve anything in the snap of her finger except for the Unvirus. This virus was insidious, which slowly and painfully killed the unicorns that protected their country (Goodmania) for centuries. This virus was created by Bob Parker “Number one evil scientist” as said in the Mad Scientist magazine. He has been trying to steal the top secret time machine so that he could change his fate in losing his presidency in Goodmania. Although the only reason he wanted to keeps his presidency at Goodmania was to send it into poverty by stealing all the people’s money with outrageously high taxes and then leave the country to fail on its own.
Just because Powell could not solve it in just a second didn't mean she couldn't at all. In order to solve the problem Powell would have to form a group of the smartest people and strongest people, creatures and technology. This meant Powell would need Sam Byers, Peter O’Neil, Yvette Smith, and Wendy Wright as their smart people, and 1,000 of the most strongest, and advanced people, creatures and technology. Once they all got together they boarded Pipers hovercraft and traveled to a tropical island so that they could stock up on fresh water, and fruits, but they did not know they were searching amongst the most dangerous tropical island, Rejland, which was full of all the outlawed test subjects that went wrong when being worked on. They were placed on this island so that they could not do any harm to Goodmania. “I am getting a bad vibe from this place maybe we should go while we still have a chance,” said Yvette, but right when Yvette finished her sentence they heard a loud noise. “Oh no only one creature in the entire universe makes that noise and that it the lethal unicorn Terrororn. The only way we can defeat him is by injecting him with this formula I just recently made, but I need you guys to hinder his site,” yelled Piper. Piper immediately ran and found fruit and salt and squeezed the fruits into a needle, and added some salt. The salt was key because when a unicorn is injected with salt it makes them go into a coma that last a thousand years. Once she added the last touches to the formula she ran to where she heard the ruckus and saw the unicorn tied to the tree and her crew squeezing lemons into Terrororn’s eyes. She then quickly injected Terroron with the needle before it could break free and kill more of her crew. As soon as she injected it the land started to shake from the unicorn falling to the ground. As soon as she looked around she saw about 425 of her crew members hereeeeee with crushed heads on the floor this made her bawl in tears for she blamed herself for their deaths. “Everyone get on the hovercraft before anything else comes out of the blue,” she screamed as she began to walk towards the hovercraft.
Two months later…
They arrived at the apple center to recharge their hovercraft, and robots. The apple center was a place with battery shops that could help you make your technology never run out of battery until a hundred years. This was heaven for scientists, but also it could be very dangerous because they are at war with pc technology. Once they changed 88 out of 160 of the crew’s machines/robots they noticed that the person working there had the apple logo peeling off their back enough that they could see the logo of Hewlett-Packard of which who happened to be on the side of the PC’s. Since they are able to create computer viruses that could make all of your technology attack the creator of them, which was Piper Powell the Powerful Protagonist. Although she did not let it get to her and just let it slide because she assumed that if they created a virus that would attack them, then it would have already attacked so they left to get back to their hovercraft. Piper was the kind of person that did not want to start up trouble unless it had to do with her so she did not ask the technician why her sticker was peeling off. Sadly as soon as they were about to board the hovercraft 88 of her robots eyes turned red and repeatedly said, “Kill Powell.” So the crew had to devise a plan on how to kill the robots, and luckily Sam came up with the idea to hack into their programing and set it to self-destruct but it would take him about ten minutes to do so. So in the meantime they had to fight off the robots with Tasers which would slow them down and make them fry out and die once being Tasered enough. Everyone began just aiming at random robots it was pure madness, and they were able to kill each and every one of Piper’s crew’s robots before they reach Powell her crew members gave up and ran back into the hovercraft and to what they thought was going to be her death, but right as the robots were about to aim bang they exploded. Piper was furious at all of her crew that was human except Sam who saved her life, and never gave up. As soon as Piper walked back into the hovercraft she yelled, “At least I made one good decision, which was picking Sam as one of my crew. For you who betrayed me shall be the first to walk out once we arrive on Bob Parker’s turf.”
Four month later…
They finally have arrived and Batopia the land of which held all the evil people of the world, but the majority of them were not the brightest of most. This meant the only challenge they would have to face was Parker, and his team which came up to a total of 500 people. This meant that Pipers crew were short 81 people to have an even amount of people on both teams, but luckily they had their unicorns of which they could ride, and fight on, because the unicorns horns were full of ammo. As soon as they arrived at Bob’s mansion they decided to have a sneak attack but what they did not know that there were land mines all around the gates, which automatically killed 397 of their soldiers and unicorns, and made Parker aware of their arrival. So before the evil crew began to attack Piper sacrificed one of her unicorns to the gods in hope that they would help Pipers team in the battle. Only two of the gods responded which were Time Warner the goddess of internet, and Pop Ups the god of viruses. Piper said to her team, and gods, “Warner you disable their connection to internet which will keep their weapons from working and Ups you send a virus into all the robots. By doing this we will have almost an even members than Parker whom will soon have only ten people, there still is a chance of us losing so do not go easy on them because they are one of the smartest people on Earth of course other than me. Remember this Smarts the majority of the time beats strength.” While the gods did as planned Pipers team of 22 people snuck into the mansion by going in through the back gate where there were no mines and they each wore an outdoor invisible cloak so that Parker would not be able to see them through their security cameras once they got in they knocked out the security people and programed Parkers Security footage to replay the last ten minutes over and over again so that they could not see Pipers team entering Parker’s room. Unfortunately when she turned around she noticed none of her crew members were behind her, and that she would have to fight all by herself, but things turned around when she noticed parker also was by himself so it would be an even fight.
Piper yelled at Parker, “If you do not want to die and rot in hell than you better tell me were the source of the Unvirus is.”
“Never, you are the reason I lost my presidency.”
“That is all your fault. If you acted like a proper president then you still would be.”
“The past is past but you shall die,” Parker yelled as he charged after Powell with his only weapon a knife.
“Not so slick are you Parker”, Powell whispered into his ear as she killed him with a toxic formula.
Piper looked through Bob’s pockets and found his iPhone. She typed in his search button in his email’s top secret, and found an email with the subject of Top Secret Mission once she checked it she found out that they were putting salt, and snake venom in the Unicorns vaccines, and it said they were doing this in his attic, which explains the weird things that were connected to the roof. So Piper decided to climb up the fire escape and detach all the wires connected to the roof to keep them from killing more, and more of Goodmania’s innocent Unicorns. Then she immediately escaped to her hovercraft and went on her peaceful voyage back home, but felt bereft on her voyage due to her teammates being killed.
Six months later…
Piper finally arrived back at her country, and was immediately showered with hugs, kisses, and cries. The president announced that Piper would be awarded the Nobel Peace Award for saving her fellow people and animals. When she was escorted up the stage the president put the award around her neck. Piper then said, “Thank you everyone I am very honored to get this award. I almost feel I don’t deserve it because on my watch 1003 of my people died. But I still accept it because I have saved many future deaths from happening. In order for it to stay that way I made a plan for everyone to test the injection before using them in order to make sure there was no deadly substance in it. Thank you again.”