24 Hour Haunting | Teen Ink

24 Hour Haunting

By Bookception SILVER, Wasilla, Alaska
Bookception SILVER, Wasilla, Alaska

I'm not weird, the world's weird!

There was a day. A single day. A day that changed things. Fantasy was no longer simply fiction... Some of it was true. No longer were they simply stories told around the fire. Once I believed that they were, but now I know better.

A normal day. That was how it started. That was where it began. That morning I got in my car and turned the key. My car came roaring to life, the pure raw horsepower feeling like a shot of espresso. I love how powerful I feel, as my hands wrap around the leather bound steering wheel.

I drove to school and nothing truly out of the ordinary happened, but throughout the day I had felt a pair of eyes chilling the back of my neck. they were invisible, no one was watching, but the feeling was there.

Soon I am home. I film a short video with my older sister, and I watch it, when we’re done.

Oh no...

Oh dear loor!

I do not see the figure behind us. I do not see them, as they observe us and look at the camera. Finally, I do not see, it glides closer to the video me.

This is what I tell myself, as I watch in horror.

I close the laptop and make myself leave the room. I refuse to believe what I saw. I can not, and I will not!

I go to my room and begin to read. I have to keep myself from thinking about it.

“Beeei... Beeei...”, my phone hums to me.

Where is it? Where did I put it?

About to begin my search, I hear a sound. I see the source of the sound, But I do not see the cause...

A small hill of miscellaneous things sits in the corner of my room, and now they are denying Newton’s laws...

Loor!

Why do they have to? Why is my phone lifting away, hovering mere inches from the floor below.

Then it drops!

I sit there. Frozen.

I decide to forget about the text message and go back to reading my book. I avoid thinking of it as I drift into sleep.

You may not believe in ghosts, but after that day I do.

Yes, once more creative writing class.