Movie Theater Chills | Teen Ink

Movie Theater Chills

By Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas
Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas

We accept the love we think we deserve.

Her mouth hung open, the shock making her nearly fall over. She walked backwards on the black and red movie theater carpet. Rosalie stood and stared as the figure moved before her eyes. Cold and shining with a strange bright blue light, it didn't look friendly in the least bit.

Just ten minutes earlier Rosalie Marin had been watching a movie with her friends on a Saturday night like every other weekend in Reykjavik, Iceland. The screen had started to seem almost fuzzy and strange characters appeared in the background. The main characters would get blurred out and the characters in the background-the props-would come into focus more. Her friends Gracie, Naomi, Mason, Jacer, Diana, and Scott hadn’t noticed nor cared at all. People only started to care when the figures in the back round and had started to reach towards the screen. As the screen light got dimmer and the figures got brighter, the characters in the background would reach out towards the audience. Naomi swore she had seen an arm swing towards her. Of course they had been stupid enough to sit in the very front row. As soon as a character started to climb out of the screen, people started really noticing by then.

Screaming and scared, people ran for the door in a not-so-orderly fashion. A little boy’s voice had stood out to Rosalie even out of all the screaming. The boy was insisting to his mother that the monsters under his bed were, in fact, real and that they were coming to get him. The mom paid no attention, grabbing his hand while they ran for the door. As the figure came into focus, she realized she recognized it from her history book. Why didn't she see it before? It was a Vittra. They mostly stay away from humans and keep to themselves…unless they are enraged. This Vitter was obviously very enraged.

Now here she was, walking backwards and crying like a little girl. Rosalie never believed in magic or fairy tales or anything of the sort. She just wasn't that type of girl, she was more realistic than that. Yet here, standing in front of her, shining blue like a blue thing shining was a Vittra itself! The Vittra reached out and touched her wrist, meaning that it means no harm. Rosalie took deep breaths and stood up straight, then asked it what it wanted.

“This strange building has covered our turf, our land, and our homes. Either you pesky people get rid of it or I, myself, a Vitter creature, will destroy it.” Its voice was deep and dark, almost paralyzing. When it spoke you could not move or think, only listen. One she was out of her trance, Rosalie looked at the spirit confused.

“I thought Vittra lived underground. Can’t you still go on living like normal? Or simply move somewhere else?” She asked, still slightly terrified and on the verge of passing out. The Vitter spit on the ground and snarled at her.

“You’re just a puny, naive girl. You know nothing. We cannot move and we cannot go on living like normal unless this blasted building is in shrapnel. We plan to greatly destroy it by bombing, fire, or any explosives that we have on hand. I have quit a few grenades under my skin that I think can rip this place up fairly well,” the creature smirked like it was proud of itself.

Rosalie’s jaw dropped. ‘He has grenades under his skin? Oh that is disgusting!” she thought to herself.

“I will give you time to get out and get as far away as you can, considering that you are just a young girl of only about 13, I’m assuming?”

“14,” she corrected, “And if you don’t mind, I would like to continue watching Chris Hemsworth and his giant hammer in 3D,”

“Who? Who is this demented mad men and his hammer of doom?” the Vitter questioned her.

“Thor, duh. Dude, you really need to get out more,” she rolled her eyes, her fear sliding off her. Rosalie didn't find him all that threatening anymore, he was probably just bluffing. She had pinched herself too many times to believe it wasn't a dream, either.

“Oh. That blasted Thor. He has invaded our territory one too many times! His end will be soon, don’t worry child. His destiny is the same as this building, it will be gone soon and no one shall worry or weep.” Rosalie just rolled her eyes again and sighed.

“Perhaps you would like to know my name, my lady?”

“Not really,” she answered. She honestly didn't care, she was not going to be put in the loony bin just because some strange, glowing man told her that he was planning to destroy the movie theater and probably had some sort of weird, spirit name.

“My name is Demyx. I am one of the male leaders that watch over the Vittra. Do not think you can fool me, human. I am stronger then you,” he got a gleam in his eye and frowned.

“When I was very young, the arcade by my house got burned down by the Vittra. I, myself, was not a part of them until that place had burned down. Of course that was about 50 years ago, you see.”

“How old are you?” she stared at him in amazement. He looked to be in his mid 20’s.

“I must not procrastinate. You humans will bow to us. Your weak souls were meant to be ruled by people strong enough to rule you. Your precious hangout will be destroyed in a matter of minutes,” a glowing blue staff appeared in his hand while he was speaking to her, his voice getting louder and louder. He lunged at her, striking her leg with the sword-looking, glowing, blue weapon.

She took a hard smack to the face and got knocked over on her back. Demyx raised his weapon, then fell down and started licking her.

When she woke up, her little beagle Molly was licking her face. It was all just a dream. None of it was real. She sighed with relief and sat up. Stupid dog scared her half to death.

Just as she was laying back down to go to sleep, she saw a flash of blue light and a burning red wave in the distance, just by the movie theater.

Wrote a little story for writing class and I kinda liked it :)

Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas

We accept the love we think we deserve.

Aw, thank you! That means a lot to me that there are actually people reading and liking my work :)

bigA32 BRONZE said...
bigA32 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
This was a very creative story.  I like it very much.  I thought at first the VIttra was actually real and the girl wasn’t sleeping, but obviously she was.  You were very detailed in the selection and used a lot of adjectives.  When you described what the Vittra looks like and his staff.  Towards the end when he knocked the girl down I thought something bad was about to happen but when the Vittra fell and licked her face I was kind of disturbed at first but then saw that it was a dream and really it was her dog licking her face.