Deep Sea | Teen Ink

Deep Sea

By Purlfluff GOLD, Colfax, California
Purlfluff GOLD, Colfax, California

When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream.
-John Lennon

Ramen trotted through the knee deep water to get a drink. “ It is getting harder and harder just to get a drink.” thought Ramen. Ramen is in what used to be Dallas, Texas, but now is part of the Gulf of mexico.

It did not start out like this, not at all. Originally Dallas was Dallas the big city it always was. Ramen had just saved up enough money to buy a two bedroom apartment, he was ecstatic. After living in his place for just two months, the land started to sink. Nobody knows how, but it just does. Also it is not going slowly, it is going very fast actually. It has only been three weeks and the water in texas is knee deep.
The first week was chaos, riots broke out, thing were stolen, houses were burnt. Ramen even had to kill a few people for them to stay away from his house. The next week was almost as bad, people were crying all over, mexicans started to come in, knocking on all of the doors begging for food. A Lot of people bought plane tickets and flew to the border of pakistan, others went to the top of high mountains. The people who couldn't afford that went to nebraska. Refugees started to go though Ramen watched them, some broke into houses at night to sleep, Ramen felt sorry for the poor souls who would try to break into his house. It was now at the beginning of the third week, the town was barren, except for Ramen. Ramen’s water supplies started to run low, he realised pretty quickly that the tap was would run out, so he filled everything he had with water.

But now the tap water started to taste salty. Ramen knew before in a matter he was going to die, he just prayed that it would not be because of dehydration, but drowning.
So that was Ramen’s life, as interesting as it may be it way quite boring. In the end though it was not either dehydration or drowning, but a bullet in the head, from insanity.