Illusion, Ch.2 | Teen Ink

Illusion, Ch.2

January 16, 2013
By CapturedHearts BRONZE, Austin, Indiana
CapturedHearts BRONZE, Austin, Indiana
2 articles 1 photo 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Why do people strive to be the same when we were born to be different?


Horseplay hurts. That's for sure. Michelle learned that the hard way. Bruises lined her arms and legs and she winced as she turned a page of her new philosophy book. Her young cousins had stopped by for a visit. They may have been at least three times smaller than her, but about three times stronger. And Michelle wasn't one for "roughing it".

"Michelle." A maid said, poking her head in the door. Michelle looked over from her recliner, cocking an eyebrow in question. "Someone is here to see you."

"Ah," Michelle nodded, standing. "Send him in, I shall be down momentarily." The maid nodded, gently closing the thick, oak door. Michelle walked to the next room over through the small door in the library, entering her own room. It was an elegant, yet simple room, with red, satin bows tied atop the poles on the canopy bed, and books lying around in varied stacks all over. Michelle walked to her dresser and pulled out a long sleeved, green turtle neck. 'That will surely hide the bruises.. And it's cold in here anyway.' She thought to herself, pulling out a pair of jeans.

After she fitted on the clothes she had picked out, Michelle exited her room and hurried down the hall, coming down the stairs. As she came down she saw who the person who had came, was. Raimundo. In all his Xiaolin Warrior glory. Michelle groaned quietly to herself as she arrived down the stairs, earning a grin from Raimundo.

"Ay, Mitchie, long time no see."

".. You saw me last week."

"Oh, yeah." He chuckled lightly, falling back in a chair. "Sorry. I'm just used to Xiaolin Dragons living at the Xiaolin Temple." Michelle lightly rolled her eyes and sat across from him.

"Living at my own home is just fine. No matter the distance. Now, what's your delight? Tea, water.. Chocolate milk?"

"Chocolate milk? Yeah, sure." Raimundo chuckled, running a hand through his dark hair. Michelle got up from the love seat, wincing a bit as she walked off to the kitchen. Raimundo cocked an eyebrow and followed after her. "Hey Mitchie, something wrong?"

".. No." Michelle replied simply, walking into the high tech kitchen. Raimundo blinked at the futuristic, chrome appliances.

"Wow.. Which one are you gonna make the milk with?" He chuckled lightly.

Michelle chuckled a bit, in spite of her pain, and shook her head. "You are ridiculous. Now, why exactly are you here?"

".. A guy can't come visit his favorite hypnotist?" Raimundo smiled, putting an arm around her.

Michelle looked at him with a hard, blank stare and he removed his arm. "Now tell me the real reason." Raimundo sighed rubbed the back of his neck.

"We need you to.. Settle some ground."

"What did you guys do this time?"

"It's not like we mean to piss them off."

"Which 'them' are you talking about? It damn well better not be the Union."

"It's not!"

"Then what is it Raimundo?"

"Eh... Chase Young." He replied, rubbing the back of his neck. Michelle let out a long sigh and slammed her fist on the counter. Raimundo jumped a bit at the sudden gesture.

".. Why do you care that he is angry at you? Or the Xiaolin? Heylin are naturally angry at you people." Michelle said quietly, setting out a glass and pouring some milk in it.

"Well, he's got a Wu we kinda need. For battle strategies." Raimundo replied, sitting at the oak table.

".. The Wushan Geyser will do you no good Raimundo." Michelle warned him, pouring chocolate syrup into the creamy, white milk.

"Without the Eagle Scope." Raimundo added, shoving his hands in his pockets. ".. It's cold in here Mitchie."

"It's snowing outside."

"Don't you have a heater or something?"

"... There's a fireplace in the dining room. Go make a fire, heat yourself up and I shall be there momentarily."

"Thanks Michelle." He nodded, standing and pushing in his chair before hurrying to the room. Michelle smiled and shook her head. He only called her by her name when he was thankful, or gained a sort of respect for her. She shook her head and pulled a silver spoon out of the wooden drawer, listening to it softly clink against the glass as she mixed the chocolate with the milk.

Chase Young. How she despised him. He was the only person who could truly make her blood boil with anger, feverish with frustration. Their last meeting left her with bruised fists and bloody knuckles, from pounding on a hard, marble table, trying to make a point. It was pointless, of course, since Chase loved to see a reaction out of her. She felt unbelievably small around him, a feeling she had never experienced until their first argument.

Michelle bit the inside of her cheek to prevent from provoking her thoughts any longer and picked up the mug of chocolate milk. She could just refuse. Yes, that is exactly what she would do. She would simply say, no. Michelle nodded to herself as she walked down the hall, opening the door to the dining room. Raimundo's face tilted in her direction as she came in. "So, Mitchie, what do you think?"

"... I'll do it."