The She | Teen Ink

The She

By imalwayswrite53 GOLD, Saltlake City, Utah
imalwayswrite53 GOLD, Saltlake City, Utah

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but what you don't realize is that what I said is not what I meant......

My head began to ache from squinting to see as my headlights barely pierced the darkness on the empty road. I sneaked a look at the dash clock, 2 am, great, I should have come to the inn over an hour ago. And that my friends is why we don't take directions from drunks!I hate driving at night, especially by myself. Gives me the creeps. The fact that I wasn't 100 percent sure where I was or where I was going had begun to construct a knot in my stomach. I was really mad that I had forgotten to charge my GPS, the darn thing takes forever to charge. It probably hadn't charged any more since the last 18 times I'd checked, but what hay I thought I'd check it one more time. The moment I took my eyes off the road I regretted it. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a pair of red eyes in the middle of the road, of this I am absolutely certain. My instincts took over and and I jerked the wheel to the side and watched what little I could see blur before my eyes.
That's when I heard it a light taping on the window, it sounded like rain drops on the top of the car, but when I looked up I almost didn't believe what I saw. A young girl with dark hair, barely older than nine years old was standing outside my car tapping her nail on the glass. It sounded like the ticking of a clock. There was something odd about this girl, ever fear I'd ever had, rational or not had been combined into one being. Her eyes locked on mine and I began to feel light headed. Her eyes were totally black, no whites no pupils, they were as thick as oil or tar.
My hands shaking I opened the window a crack. There was something very terrifying about doing so, like holding a gun to my own head. I heard my voice come out little more than a stutter, "What do you want?"
She lowered her hand in a jerky way that seemed almost robotic, "Mister? Could you give me a ride to the next town?" She stood almost perfectly still unblinking. That's when I noticed movement behind her. Another young girl, this one with sand colored hair was struggling feverishly, trying to pry off the first girl's iron grip around her tiny wrist. When she paused to look at me I saw she had normal looking deep blue eyes and that her pale face was pink from tears.
Her eyes seemed to scream for help, but she made absolutely no sound. I stammered something about being lost and not being one to pick up hick hikers, my heart was beating so loud in my ears I don't remember. She took a half step closer to the window, "Let me in your car and I'll tell you how to get there."
I could feel my arms starting to shake and I don't know what came over me, "No."
Her presence grew stronger as if she was becoming upset. "No?"
The back of my neck began to tingle. "No."
She leaned in closer still, and spoke in a low whisper that made my heart stop, "Would you like to leave here alive?" I felt like I was being pulled into her eyes like I was drowning in darkness.
I got a sudden burst of courage and started my car and floored it. She started running after me screaming in strange tongues. It was the most terrifying thing that ever happened to me and I will never forget it.

This is not a real BEK witness account, it's just for fun, something I read about online and thought that it was really interesting. Here's a website where I got a lot of inspiration. http://paranormal.about.com/od/demonsandexorcism/tp/black-eyed-people.htm
and make sure to check out the picture that I drew to go with it. Enjoy!

on Oct. 8 2012 at 11:18 am

Hey y'all! I'm looking for a peer-editing buddy! if anyone is interested plz let me know! k thanks!