Untitled Prelude | Teen Ink

Untitled Prelude

By LittleFlutiePie GOLD, Greeneville, Tennessee
LittleFlutiePie GOLD, Greeneville, Tennessee

I didn't build the wall to keep people out; I built it to see who cared enough to climb over it.

I sat in Organic Chemistry, honestly trying to take notes, but failing. The itchy cotton skirt rubbed my legs, distracting me as ai repositioned my body. Why did Dr. Williams suddenly enforce a uniform rule?

The fire alarm suddenly went off, causing everyone to jump up.

"Calmly, everybody, proceed to the exit," Mrs. Sanders said, not being very affective.

I followed my classmates outside, noting the fine mist that began to settle on Savannah, Georgia. I spotted my friend, Marcie, and she waved me over, flipping her long blonde hair.

"Do you know what's going on?" she asked.

"I don't see smoke. Someone must be pulling a prank," I said, my gut twisting with paranoid unease.

Soon, Dr. Williams came outside and announced that it was a prakn, that it was safe to go inside.

"Alyss, will you go to my locker with me? I forgot my notebook before class," Marcie said.

"Sure."

I followed my friend inside. Soon, we were the only two on the halls.

Marcie rounded the corner to the locker area before me, and I nearly ran into her when she stopped.

"Marce?" I said.

She let out a blood-curling scream. I looked around her shoulder and felt like vomiting.

A girl with black hair lay on the ground, bloodied and beaten to a pulp. Crimsom blood pooled around her lifeless body. I couldn't even tell who she was.

Just a little something I'm working on. I wrote it two years ago, but haven't had a chance to finish or post it. Let me know what you think.

kyrireese GOLD said...
on Mar. 9 2012 at 12:22 pm
kyrireese GOLD, Dallas, Texas

"Everything will absolutely be all right."
"Hold fast to dreams." - Langston Hughes

i like this!