Terror | Teen Ink

Terror

By dani_peace GOLD, Henrietta, New York
dani_peace GOLD, Henrietta, New York

"if seeing is believing then believe that we've lost our eyes"-manchester orchestra

Feeling the water rush all over my body, I started to hear a clatter coming from the kitchen. Then I realized I had forgotten to put the sauce pan in the dishwasher before my parents got home, but it’s too late the dishwasher was already running.

Roxy starting growling, which was then followed by a bark; but I never heard the doorbell at all, I assumed that it was just my parents coming home from Buffalo like they always did on Sunday nights.

As I was rinsing the shampoo out of my hair, I had heard my sister’s voice; but I still couldn’t come to conclusion as to why Roxy was still barking. My family was home, so why was she still barking?

Then I started to hear one of the cats scratch at the bathroom door; “hold on, give me a second I’ll be out to feed you.” I was hoping that the scratching would stop but then I heard my name being followed by the scratches.

Danielle, Danielle, come out I want to play

“Okay Alex wait till I’m done out of the shower, give me five minutes I’m almost done.”

Then my sister started to scream, I could tell in her voice that she wasn’t going to wait any longer.

“Alex hold on, I promise we’ll play as long as you want, just four more minutes”

As she screamed her voice suddenly morphed, she sounded as if something reached inside of her body and ripped out her vocal cords. She started banging on the door yelling;

Let me the hell in your time is up.

I heard her fondling with the door knob.

5… 4… 3…

As I was trying to hurry up; hoping that she wouldn’t come in, and open the shower curtain before I had the towel wrapped around me. The body wash began to sting my eyes; I quickly grabbed the towel and rubbed my eyes,

2… 1…