Be Careful What You Read | Teen Ink

Be Careful What You Read

October 13, 2011
By clare12 BRONZE, Spalding, Other
clare12 BRONZE, Spalding, Other
3 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Be careful what you read.
“Ouch” being kicked again by the general school bullies, this being the thing that happens at most of my school life, in fact most of my life.

Ever since I started school I didn’t exactly make friends easily, mainly because I am not a people person, which I am to explain later. Whiles normal girls of 15 would be hanging out with mates and chattering about boys, trying new make up, I would be in my room on my own, reading and normally having music in the background. To explain to you how much I probably ready there is a phrase that could explain how much I read, I think it should be this, if I could have a pound for every time I read a book I would defiantly not live in a small house like the one I live in now.
The main books I read is generally fantasy romances where a girl would be in the middle of two guys normally them being well, not that normal, you may find this weird but I have never had a real boyfriend. I think that is mostly because I read about amazing guys in books and then meet them in reality and I realise what a let down it is.
You may find me weird but if you read on you will find my story much weirder, and my warning to you is, be careful what you read.
If I had known then what books or should I say this book in particular, could create I would have never read the book, the one that had the most beautifully strange guys ever, but then again that’s what drew the book to me. That’s what made the book come to life. And I don’t mean that in the figurative sense, the book came to life and so did you the characters phoenix and Leon and this is where it all began.

The book store was warm and inviting, the musty smell of books felt familiar, like recognising an old friend. I don’t think the day would have changed my life from then on, but it did.
There was simply no reason for me to feel drawn to this book; it had a picture on the cover of two boys, one with dark hair and shiny blue eyes, the other boy golden hair to match the colour of his eyes. Both interesting and mysterious you could not help but love them. That was the problem.
If someone had told me then that taking this book home and loving the characters in it would bring them to life I would have thought you were crazy, even though it would seem like a cool idea, well it would, until you realize that you are letting a blood sucking vampire and a redemption seeking were wolf into existence.
But I am afraid that is what I did I brought both of these most dangerous and unexplainable characters in to our world and for that I am sorry. Every bit it is my fault , My love of the character made them real, I didn’t mean to love them both but it was hard not to, I thought it would be alright I never thought it would lead to a death, especially when that death happens to be mine.


The author's comments:
its a quick draft i may make it a novel:/ , i wrote it fast ( 30 mins) so sorry for spelling errors