Outcast-Part 4 | Teen Ink

Outcast-Part 4

December 14, 2010
By Madeline PLATINUM, Lake View Terrace, California
Madeline PLATINUM, Lake View Terrace, California
46 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you always see the positive, you'll never see the negative.


I watched the man across the fire. I still had no clue what his name was or where I was going. I don’t know why I was tied to the wagon at the beginning. It was probably because he was afraid I would jump out. Either that or he was scared of me. Most likely the latter. Most people are scared of Moon Holders. The first Moon Holders cursed the Ancients and there was a disease over the entire world that wiped out all but a few people.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

The man looked across the fire at me. I could see the fear in his eyes.

“I asked a question.” I tried to stay calm.

He wasn’t going to answer. I decided to use his fear to my advantage. I concentrated all me thought into hovering. I felt myself lift off the ground. I hovered just above the flames so the light would give me an eerie look and I lowered my voice. “Where are we going?”

The man swallowed. “We’re going to the Snow Kingdom.”

I shrieked and fell to the ground. “Why?”

“The Ice Prince wants a wife.”

“What is your name and why can’t the ice Prince find a wife in his city?”

“I’m not scared of you, and you can’t make me answer you.” The man said.

I lowered my voice again. “I can make you do whatever I want.”

“My name is Ixol. The Ice Prince can’t find a wife in his city because all the women are scared of him.”

“And Moondancer sold me to you so you can sell me to the Ice Prince.” I finished for him.

“Yes.”

“Why did you tie me to the wagon?”

“I didn’t want you to jump out.”

“I didn’t like it. I give you my word that I will not jump out.”

Ixol looked at me with doubt. “We’ll see.”

“You don’t believe me?”

“No.”

“You’ll have to trust me. It won’t be easy. Me being a Moon Holder and all.”

“You’re a Moon Holder?” Ixol looked surprised.

“Yes. Moondancer didn’t tell you?”

“No. I knew he was a Moon Holder, but not you.”

“You knew he was a Moon Holder, but you did business with him.”

“Yes. I am a Moon Holder.”

I was shocked. I knew there were many Moon Holders, but I didn’t know there were so many in the country.

“I’m not saying anything else to you tonight. I’m tired and want my sleep. Try not to snore.” Ixol turned his back on me. He must have been feeling braver, knowing that I’m a Moon Holder too.

I turned laid down and fell into a restless sleep.