The Lightning Boys | Teen Ink

The Lightning Boys

By TheBeast334 BRONZE, Brighton, Michigan
TheBeast334 BRONZE, Brighton, Michigan

BRIIIIIIING!!!! The school bell rang, that means it was the end of school for this week at least. Bye Mr.Wandash! “Bye Jimmy, Kyle, and Patrick have a good break!” I said. You see today started Spring break and I was thankful for time off his job. I am your average guy, a twenty-four year old who has a job as a teacher. He lives in Williamsburg, N.M. It's a big town with lots of people, and it was a picture-perfect day, you could smell the new flowers blooming everywhere you looked and there were butterflies all around you. The returning Cardinals were chirping in the trees. There was also no one else around which was weird but I didn't notice. I lives very close by to the school so he walks home, and today on his walk home something extraordinary happened. It was a cloudy day, and I was four blocks away from his house and it was all grass from here. Then suddenly all the clouds went black and when I saw that, I started running as fast as I could. I did NOT like getting wet because one day it rained on me very hard and I had bad luck all that day. BASH! CRASH! FLASH! The lightning and thunder started coming down and I ran even faster. It sounded like a hundred pots and pans falling out of the sky. BASH! CRASH! FLASH! Also It was very hard to run when you smelled something burning, I turned my head and saw a trail of black. BASH! CRASH! FLASH! Everywhere I ran the clouds seemed to follow him including the lightning… then he was out of breath. He stopped for just two seconds and then BOOM! BOOM! POW! I got hit in the head five times by lightning and blacked out.

”Auugh.” I groaned. He hurt all over, ached, and groaned.

Where am I? he looked around and saw that he was in a the town public hospital. There was many windows most of which were open . There was no doctors that he could see.

Why am I here? he thought. Then he saw someone next to him in a bed just like his and asked him why he was there.

“I don't know I just woke up a hour ago.” said the guy,
Then randomly a doctor comes around the corner and says:

“You got hit by lightning, both of you.”

Wow… I don’t remember getting struck by lightning.
The person next to me in a bed must of been thinking the same thing because he had a curious look on his face. Then he said:

“My name’s Zeke. What’s yours?”
“What?” I asked Tim was still dazed by the lightning part.”

Then I saw that there was a T.V. and I was a magnet being pulled to it. I looked around for a remote but didn’t see one. I thought more about the T.V. and a image of a T.V popped in his head and the T.V. turned off.

Whoa, wait. Is someone playing a trick on me? I thought. He didn’t see anyone else besides Zeke then have thought maybe they have made new thought T.V.s or something but nothing was attached to his head to read his brain waves or anything. Then he wondered many thoughts.

Did they implant something in my brain?

This is so weird.

How did I do that?

So I tried to think about the T.V. turning off and it did. Wow, this is cool, I wonder how I can do that? thought I. He turned the T.V. back on and switched it to the news channel.

“Whoa, how did you do that?” said Zeke.

“I have no clue.” I said.

He thought how this could happen because superhero's get their powers from like acid puddles or something like that. But maybe just maybe he actually did have powers. “ Wait I … I think I have superpowers.”

Noooo... prove it. Said Zeke. I saw a R/C car and had a idea. Vrooooom!! I dove the car around and around in circles.

Maybe I have superpowers too!” exclaimed Zeke.

I thought about this and said, “Wait, my power is related to lightning so yours might be too. Try shooting lightning at the window.”

“Okay,” Zeke said and “Zap!” lightning flew out of his finger and crashed into the window.

“Wow, that was awesome,” I said. Suddenly a nurse came in and told them that they could go.

“So, what do you want to do now?” I said .

“I don’t know…hey why don’t we fight crime?” said Zeke.

“Why?” Said I. “All my power is useful for is basically helping you be a couch potato.”

“That's not true.” Said Zeke.

Right then I saw on the news that there was a robbery at the bank.

“Well I think I know where we can start” said Zeke. But on their way there, they saw a car speed past them and a police car chasing them and knew that was the robberer. Zeke thought fast and shot out both car tires with lightning so that they would stop. The police got out first and arrested the person in the other car.

“Looks like we make a good team.” Said I.

“Yeah we do,” said Zeke.

They started walking home and suddenly all the power went out in the city. Both of them looked happy at that. Everywhere they went Zeke would restore power to things and I would turn them on. They did that all night until everyone had their power back. After that they started a business to help people with their electrical problems and made a fortune. Then one day on their drive to someone's house I saw somewhere in the distance there was black clouds in a small clump...

GRsoccer said...
who is speed??? good story but kinda long.....

on Oct. 26 2010 at 6:55 am
ConnorM. SILVER, Brighton, Michigan
Good peice, but going 2 rate 4 stars, 1st-3rd was a bit confusing. awesome story though!

TheBeast334 BRONZE, Brighton, Michigan
sorry if there is confusion, I made the whole story 3rd person first then started to change it to 1st but didn't get all of it (this was a assignment)

on Oct. 22 2010 at 8:40 am
BULLDOG15 BRONZE, Brighton, MI, Michigan

Beast!

SWEEEEEEEEET!

Dayne22 SILVER said...
Dayne22 SILVER, Las Cruces, New Mexico

"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication"- Leonardo DaVinci "Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are" -Markus Zusak "I'm just trying to be me... Whoever that is" Unknown

Really good. Although i did get confused from the way you changed from first person to third and back to first.  I like how it ends :)

Ninurta said...
on Oct. 20 2010 at 8:23 am
Ninurta, Brighton, Michigan
Sweet Speed, 8)