The Rise of the Robots Part II: World War | Teen Ink

The Rise of the Robots Part II: World War

By mymask DIAMOND, Dayton, Ohio
mymask DIAMOND, Dayton, Ohio

Illigitimi non carborundum!

Alea Iacta est!

Lasers flew around L as he jumped away from his escape pod. Landing face first in the mud, he slowly got up and looked around. Giant red and green robots, which were the size of skyscrapers, battled each other with lasers and with bombs. Suddenly, a lonesome laser flew in the direction of L. Dipping down in the mud, L felt the intense heat of the laser as it passed over him. Jumping up, he tried to run, No sooner did he do this, L suddenly felt himself fly through the air. Skipping over to a pile of rocks, L looked around. His escape pod had been destroyed and he was lying on a pile of rocks in the middle of a battlefield.

“Get up” He told himself.

Jumping up, L began to run towards an area where three small trees were growing. Suddenly, the firing stopped. Pausing for a moment, L looked around. All of the robots had stopped firing and where looking at L run.

“What team is he on?” One pilot in the robot asked.

“He’s wearing an orange jumpsuit” another said, “Is he an enemy?”

Without thinking, the robots began to fire at L. Running faster, L was soon dodging shells and lasers. Tripping, he fell forward and fell over the three trees. Past the three trees was a cliff that fell to the ocean below. Waves crashed onto rocks and retreated to the ocean, below. Falling down the cliff, L saw the water getting nearer before he passed out.

***

Relena stood on the beach. Her white dress blew in the breeze as she watched the tide come in and out. Sighing, she felt tears come to her eyes.

“I don’t want to marry Count Von.” He cried to herself, “I don’t even like him.”

Her, father (being the richest and most power man in the universe) was not to have his mind altered one bit.

“Count Von is a good man” He said, “You will marry him.”

Relena felt her life shrink away, just as the tide was shrinking away from the shore. Looking into the setting sun, she felt her self beginning to shake.

“Help me” She panted, “Please help me.”

Just then, a seagull passed in front of her. Startled, she jumped and looked to the right. There, she saw an orange object floating in the tide. Cautiously walking over to the object, Relena suddenly broke into a ran. Now at the object, she saw that it was a man dressed in an orange jumpsuit. Flipping him over, she gasped.

“This is just a boy.” She gasped.

Suddenly, L’s eyes began to open. Sitting up very fast, he soon found Relena’s hand on his shoulder.

“It’s okay” she said, “You’re safe.”

L coughed and looked around.

“I’m Relena” Relena spoke, “What’s your name?”