the Rise of the Robots | Teen Ink

the Rise of the Robots

September 23, 2010
By mymask DIAMOND, Dayton, Ohio
mymask DIAMOND, Dayton, Ohio
64 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
Illigitimi non carborundum!

Alea Iacta est!


The Rise of the Robots (sequel to the Tale of the Robots) Part I
Relena
2500 years after Axel incident


The smell of coffee and roses filled the cabin of the royal space ship, the INVICTUS. Sipping a tiny bit of coffee from her small tea glass, Relena, looked out of the window. Her white dress tied to her waist by a blue ribbon. Tugging at her white gloves, she easily pulled them off and stuffed them underneath her ribbon. Spotting her reflection in the mirror, she saw the reflection of a sad teenager. Her brownish blonde hair fell over her shoulder in columns of curls. Blue crystal eyes gazed out the window at the passing stars as they approached the “New Earth” as her father called it. Her father was the supreme chancellor of New Earth and the chairman of the Earth Union (similar to the U.N.).

“I wish that dad could come with me on my trips to space.” Relena said out loud, “It would be more fun…”

Before she could finish, though, a huge object passed by on the port side of the space ship. Rocking violently, the ship swayed from side to side. Soon after, lasers shot through the air outside of her window.

“Ms. Hamble” A voice sounded through the air.

Suddenly a hologram appeared out of thin air. Staring at the hologram, Relena nodded for the person to speak.

“I’m sorry for the inconvenience, Madame” The person said, “but just for your safety, I wanted to warn you that a meteorite barely missed our ship.”

“Thank you, captain.” Relena humbly said.

“We will be arriving on Earth as soon as possible.”

“Thank you.”

Outside, explosions filled the air as small black space ships chased after four other meteorites. Pulling a small disk out of her pocket, Relena Hamble typed in a few numbers and placed the disk against her mouth.

“Father” She said into the disk.

A few moments passed by before a man with a deep voice answered.

“Yes, dear?” He asked.

“We’re coming home but we’ve been side tracked because five meteorites nearly hit us.”

“Project Asimov.”

“What?”

“Oh, nothing.”

“Dad?”

“Yes?”

“Why haven’t you told yet mom died?”

“I’ll tell you.”

“When?”

“When the ship lands.”

“Okay. Oh, it was an accident right?”

He hesitated.

“Yes……it was an accident.”