Jonathan The BirdMan | Teen Ink

Jonathan The BirdMan

By SilentSerenity BRONZE, Brookfield, Ohio
SilentSerenity BRONZE, Brookfield, Ohio

"A word to the wise isn't nessesary, its the stupid ones that need the advice."
Bill Cosby

I’ve told them i'm not crazy, he’s out there, laughing, running, and flying. I’m talking about Jonathan, he’s the reason I’m here, he’s the reason i'm locked up in the psych-ward.

It all started about a month ago, I was on my way home from school, my normal route, through the Henson’s lawn, down the back alley and through the underground tunnels to Sims St. but that day, all was messed up, all was thrown out of order.

I thought I was being followed one day as I crossed the Henson’s lawn, but when I turned around there was only the shadow of a hawk circling in the sky. I figured I was just being paranoid, so I kept going. Out of the corner of my eye, I could have sworn I saw that Hawk turn into a human, but when I turned around all I saw was the hawk. Once I got to the tunnels the hawk dive bombed me, and because of natural reaction, I covered my face, but instead of feeling the hawks talons sink into my skin and bring up blood but the only thing I heard was a guy with a British accent say “What are you flinchin’ for?”

“I thought that hawk was going to attack me.” I told him, “It’s been following me for the last 20 minutes!”

“Attack you? Why would the bloody thing do that?” he asked, puzzled “It’s just a ruddy bird, just swat it away next time. Anywho my names Jonathan, what’s yours?” he asked me.

“My name is David,” I said, shaking Jonathan’s hand “Are you sure you didn’t see that hawk?”

“Follow me David,” He said ignoring my question completely “I want to show you something.”

We walked through the tunnels for about 20 min and when we emerged from the darkness of the tunnels, we were in a forest. This worried me, because I lived in the middle of NY City.

“Where…..Where are we?” I asked still un-nerved by the sudden appearance of the forest.

“You are right where I want you.” Said Jonathan in a weird kind of voice, “You Said that a hawk was following you right? Well, did it look kind of like this?”

As Jonathan said this giant wings sprouted from his back, and almost glued themselves to his arms, and his feet, which were now absent of shoes, grew into a birds foot, with long, sharp, talons. His skin had begun sprouting feathers; his nose had elongated and turned a yellowish color. When I could finally move, I ran, I knew I couldn’t escape from the giant beast, but I had to try. I had started to hear the giant beat of wings when I saw a hole in a large group of trees.

“David! Im coming to get you David!”

I turned my head just in time to see the giant Hawk dive strait down heading, beak open, for me. I was only five steps away from the Hole in the Trees.

To Be Continued…

on Sep. 28 2010 at 8:55 am
SilentSerenity BRONZE, Brookfield, Ohio

Bill Cosby

Thanks Centeros!

on Sep. 27 2010 at 6:27 pm
Ceneteros2804 PLATINUM, Griffith, Other

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds.' Albert Einstein

'Why write about reality, we all know how that story ends' Me

A good story. As T said, minor errors in spelling and perhaps more buildup and description needed, but overall, really good.

on Sep. 23 2010 at 9:10 am
SilentSerenity BRONZE, Brookfield, Ohio

Bill Cosby

Thanks Amber C. and Sarah!

Thing1 said...
on Sep. 21 2010 at 10:06 am
Thing1, Fayetteville, North Carolina

'If there is a book you really want to read that hasn't been written, then you must write it' ~ Toni Morrison
' Stupid is as stupid does' ~ Forrest Gump

Really liked it :)

on May. 27 2010 at 8:50 am
Hexenbiest SILVER, Winona, Ohio

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man."
"You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around -- and why his parents will always wave back."
Life is a game, play it....Life is too precious, do not destroy it."
"Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn."

i always do!!!!

NerdINLove. said...
on May. 24 2010 at 10:43 pm
NerdINLove., Lima, Ohio

Curse those limits!!!!
"I love Caleb"

Hehehe you called him babe...

on May. 23 2010 at 1:37 pm
Hexenbiest SILVER, Winona, Ohio

love it babe

on May. 18 2010 at 6:11 pm
kissesofrain1 SILVER, Copperas Cove, Texas

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -Oscar Wilde

Please write more soon! I'll be waiting :)

on May. 18 2010 at 11:14 am
SilentSerenity BRONZE, Brookfield, Ohio

Bill Cosby

thanks T. the spelling errors would be my computers fault, i ran spell check at least 5 times lol.

JeanGrey GOLD said...
on May. 18 2010 at 10:40 am
JeanGrey GOLD, Mason City, Iowa

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."-Oscar Wilde

Some spelling errors and such but Awesome!!!! :) Post more!