Jonathan The BirdMan | Teen Ink

Jonathan The BirdMan

May 13, 2010
By SilentSerenity BRONZE, Brookfield, Ohio
SilentSerenity BRONZE, Brookfield, Ohio
3 articles 1 photo 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A word to the wise isn't nessesary, its the stupid ones that need the advice."
Bill Cosby


I’ve told them i'm not crazy, he’s out there, laughing, running, and flying. I’m talking about Jonathan, he’s the reason I’m here, he’s the reason i'm locked up in the psych-ward.


It all started about a month ago, I was on my way home from school, my normal route, through the Henson’s lawn, down the back alley and through the underground tunnels to Sims St. but that day, all was messed up, all was thrown out of order.

I thought I was being followed one day as I crossed the Henson’s lawn, but when I turned around there was only the shadow of a hawk circling in the sky. I figured I was just being paranoid, so I kept going. Out of the corner of my eye, I could have sworn I saw that Hawk turn into a human, but when I turned around all I saw was the hawk. Once I got to the tunnels the hawk dive bombed me, and because of natural reaction, I covered my face, but instead of feeling the hawks talons sink into my skin and bring up blood but the only thing I heard was a guy with a British accent say “What are you flinchin’ for?”

“I thought that hawk was going to attack me.” I told him, “It’s been following me for the last 20 minutes!”

“Attack you? Why would the bloody thing do that?” he asked, puzzled “It’s just a ruddy bird, just swat it away next time. Anywho my names Jonathan, what’s yours?” he asked me.

“My name is David,” I said, shaking Jonathan’s hand “Are you sure you didn’t see that hawk?”

“Follow me David,” He said ignoring my question completely “I want to show you something.”

We walked through the tunnels for about 20 min and when we emerged from the darkness of the tunnels, we were in a forest. This worried me, because I lived in the middle of NY City.

“Where…..Where are we?” I asked still un-nerved by the sudden appearance of the forest.

“You are right where I want you.” Said Jonathan in a weird kind of voice, “You Said that a hawk was following you right? Well, did it look kind of like this?”

As Jonathan said this giant wings sprouted from his back, and almost glued themselves to his arms, and his feet, which were now absent of shoes, grew into a birds foot, with long, sharp, talons. His skin had begun sprouting feathers; his nose had elongated and turned a yellowish color. When I could finally move, I ran, I knew I couldn’t escape from the giant beast, but I had to try. I had started to hear the giant beat of wings when I saw a hole in a large group of trees.

“David! Im coming to get you David!”

I turned my head just in time to see the giant Hawk dive strait down heading, beak open, for me. I was only five steps away from the Hole in the Trees.







To Be Continued…