My Escape (Part 1) | Teen Ink

My Escape (Part 1)

April 9, 2010
By PlainJane GOLD, Notown, Wisconsin
PlainJane GOLD, Notown, Wisconsin
16 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
...understand that the heart is as vast and wide as the universe, but that we come to know love best from here, this place of gravity and stability, where our feet can still touch ground.


“Ugh,” I whispered. My head hurt and my whole body ached. I opened my eyes to the bright light, almost as bright as the sun.
I looked down at myself. I was strapped into a gurney! I looked around my surroundings. Everything was so different and… advanced. The feeling that overcame me was not amazement, enthusiasm, or anger; it was fear. I had heard about this place before, heard about the occupants of this place. This place was a spaceship not of this world; this was an alien spaceship.
My thoughts were not coherent. All I knew was that I should get myself out of this place as fast as I can.
I pushed and pulled myself out of the straps and gurney, which had already made me exhausted. I spotted my backpack by the wall and ran over to it to check if all the supplies I had stolen were there. Yep, it was there.
I ran out of the room and, stupid as I was due to my incoherent thoughts, I was not aware that creatures so advanced would have alarms. I set one off. It was beeping so loud it made my thoughts even less coherent, if it were possible. But, I guess now was a time to use instinct. So, I ran faster.
Luckily, my instincts were good and got me to the front door of the entrance. There was a code and a card slide. No! I thought. Stupid, stupid!
Suddenly, I heard footsteps and I turned my back to the door. Green aliens came around the corner and I went to draw my knives from my waist. They were gone! Rats! They must have taken them out from me!
So, when they came near, I punched, kicked, and lashed out at them. Their sharp, advanced weapons got a few cuts in me. I quickly opened my backpack, looking for something to use as a weapon. My knives! They were on the bottom of my backpack. Stupid aliens! I though joyously. I grabbed my knives and threw them with acute accuracy at their throats. Some of them exploded, sending green blood in my face and on my clothes.
I searched them for a card or something; when I found it, I took it and slid it across the coded card slide. I hoped that was enough, and it was! I quickly stepped out and ran.
I’m safe! my mind thought, but my body, covered with blood now and past scars, knew better: on the outside, you should always be aware.


The author's comments:
I wrote this last year as a Communication Skills assignment.