Passive Scar | Teen Ink

Passive Scar

By AshleyKaraline SILVER, Moultrie, Georgia
AshleyKaraline SILVER, Moultrie, Georgia

What's the point of living if you're not going to live life?

1. Guilt
Warren
I stood over her. Her body was covered in blood, making my throat burn from thirst. Her brown skin was pale with fear. I almost felt sorry for her. Her wounds were gushing out the very thing my life depended on. She knew that I wasn’t a human man by the way my eyes lusted for her blood. There was, though, something that kept me from killing her. Zombies aren’t so keen on saving lives. We are death, the complete opposite of life. I had no idea how much I hated death until now. Her screams pierced my ears as she soaked in pain. Blood dripped from her head more as she struggled to sustain herself. My face frowned from her hurt. I knew that there was no way that I could finish her off after looking in her innocent eyes. I looked at her injuries that were made by the others. They did her pretty bad, but they left her life to me. I wasn’t so much into the body itself, just the life, and the soul. But this soul had too much life to kill. Her eyes, her presence was too much to kill. It’s because she didn’t deserve to die. She deserved to live.

2. Weak
Jade

I screamed in pain. He just stared into my eyes. He looked troubled. I could tell he wasn’t really like the others that attacked me. His black grey eyes danced over the scene: my blood everywhere. He didn’t do a thing. He just stood over me in position to attack, but he never did. The pain increased. My head spilled out more blood from when the others cracked it against a wall. I screamed with fear. Not because of the guy, but because of my injuries. Odd as it seems, I wasn’t afraid of the guy at all. Yes, he could definitely hurt me, but would he kill me? By how vulnerable his eyes look, I could possibly make it out of here alive. I forced my breathing to slow down so I could speak. I coughed a little, trying to find my voice. His eyebrows raised as he waited for me speak.

“Why don’t just finish me off?” I asked testing him. He didn’t reply right away. He hesitated while he licked his lips. A few minutes passed and the pain started to get where I could stand it. So I tried to stand up so I could look stronger to him. I didn’t want to seem weak.

He chuckled. “You are stubborn, aren’t you?” He asked. He had an accent. I couldn’t make it out, but then again I wasn’t trying to. I was trying to get out of there. My head began to swim. He bent over to pick me up. While I curled up in his arms, he spoke. “Let’s get you some help.”...

I was inspired by immortality. The story has a two point perspective and it let's you know how the two characters felt.