Wolf's Cry | Teen Ink

Wolf's Cry

By MyElf SILVER, San Leandro, California
MyElf SILVER, San Leandro, California

She screamed as his fist slammed into her ribcage he’d backed her into a corner his body blocking her only way out with no escape all she could do was scream out in pain as he continued to hit her.

“Shut up!” he yelled, he slapped her again and again. She slumped to the floor it was the only thing she could do she knew no one could hear her screams and fighting him back would only make it worse, he kicked her one final time before leaving the room slamming the door behind him. She lay on the floor struggling to breath her right eye was swollen shut her nose bled her body bruised her mind screamed leave. She pushed herself up off the floor and limped towards her dresser once it was opened she grabbed the money inside along with a picture of her mother and her mother’s necklace, she put the money in the pocket off her worn out jeans then slipped the necklace around her neck and finally tucked the picture in the waist band of her jeans she put on the only jacket she had and limped to the open window of her bedroom with one last look she slipped out into the night.

The rain poured down as she ran into the for-est, don’t stop her mind said she knew if he caught her he’d kill her. She pressed her arm against her chest pretty sure it was broken but fear made her keep going. A wolf cried out in the distance. She tripped over a fallen branch and everything went black.
?
River Davenport ran behind his brothers trying to keep up. His skin started to tingle when he started to shift it felt as if his body was going to burst into flames as his bones expanded a minute later instead of a 15 year old boy there stood a black wolf with golden eyes his brothers had also changed, Avery the oldest was now a dark brown wolf with shining grey eyes and Vaz, the youngest, was a light colored wolf with hazel eyes, and the hunt began, River caught up with his brothers in seconds but something made him stop he knew his brothers smelled it also, blood. Human blood. Someone was in trouble, River took off running as fast as he could this time his brothers followed him. They raced through the trees the closer they got the more the smell intensified River got a sickening feeling that they would arrive too late. Avery rushed forward then stopped dead River and Vaz came up behind him they all stared because there on the ground was a girl who’d been beaten badly all three boys shifted back to their normal forms.

“Is she alive?” Vaz whispered. Avery bent down next to the girl and checked her pulse, “She’s alive but she won’t be for long if we don’t get her out of this rain” he picked up the girl and started walking towards home his brothers ran ahead, “You’re going to be okay” he whispered into the night.
“Who would do this to a child?” Meg Davenport said to herself as she stared down at the teenage girl her sons had found in the forest Meg had bandaged her wounds and set her broken arm she’d applied medi-cation to all her bruises and her eye the only thing they could don now was wait. Meg kissed the girl on the forehead and left the room, downstairs her family waited.

“Well?” Vaz said impatiently. Meg sat next to him and placed her hand on his shoulder, “The rest is up to her.”

“So what’s her name?” Sam Vaz’s twin sister asked but no one answered because they didn’t know. River put his head in his hands. “What do we do with her when she wakes up?” Avery wanted to know. Meg rubbed her hands together, “We take care of her. I’m guessing this isn’t the first time she’s been beat like that-she needs help.” Just then the back door flew open and her husband Ryan walked in.

MyElf SILVER said...
MyElf SILVER, San Leandro, California
Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it.

Natie SILVER said...
on Nov. 26 2009 at 3:51 am
Natie SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida

"Struggle as hard as you can for whatever you believe in" -ahaha thats from a Fortune Cookie :D

This is beyond words! I love it! I can't wait to read the next if you ever post it up! Although, this is just some helpful advice, from an author to an author, use more commas, it helps. But other than that, awesome job!