Newly Wed! | Teen Ink

Newly Wed!

December 20, 2023
By brianmcgarrity24 BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
brianmcgarrity24 BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Jane was super excited to go to the new art gallery opening tonight. She was gonna meet her new boyfriend David there which was gonna be so fun. Art is Jane's favorite thing ever! Even though Jane's kind of old - she's 47 - she really likes going to parties and hanging out with younger people.

When Jane got to the exhibit she started saying hi to everyone because she's so friendly and popular. She found David standing by himself looking at some weird abstract painting.

 

"What do you think of this?" Jane asked him.

 

"It's cool I guess," David replied.

 

Jane thought David looked really cute in his suit even though he's getting old too with grey hair and everything. Jane and David met at a concert last year and immediately fell in love.

David said they should go upstairs to see the main exhibit. On the way Jane made sure to fix her new red dress because she wanted to look hot for David.

When they got upstairs, Jane was so surprised. The lights were turned down low and there were candles everywhere. Some nice music was playing too. But the crazy part was the paintings on the walls - they were all paintings of Jane and David! There was one of them having a picnic, one of them downtown, one of them dancing. They looked so happy!

Then David got down on one knee and pulled out a diamond ring! He asked "Jane, will you marry me?"

Jane was so overwhelmed, she was like crying but also super happy. She said yes right away! As they hugged each other, Jane couldn't stop smiling. It was the most romantic thing ever to get engaged in a gallery full of paintings of them. She couldn't wait to tell all her friends about it at school on Monday! 

Suddenly disaster struck David started levitating into the air, a strong voice came into the room with no physical form present. The voice speaks,

 

“All requirements are met for ascension, ascension starts now”

 

“Prerequisites require taking 4 human souls back to home base”

 


Everyone now screaming and confused starts trying to flee while David falls to the floor, eyes blood red and armed with some sort of ability. He then starts to murder everyone in the room one by one until he reaches his newly wed wife. 


“Thank you for the help my love”


He then ends her swiftly after the horrified look on her face he couldn't handle it anymore he finished his clean up and exited the room and went back to home base. Mission Successful 


The author's comments:

This was a SCI-FI piece made in creative writing with a plot twist added at the end.