The Dark Night | Teen Ink

The Dark Night

In the year 2046, the world stopped spring. Causing many species of plants and animals to go extinct, losing many food sources.

A young boy named Adam, was lost in the woods with his friends Sam, Wendy, and Brian. Sam and Brian wanted to go collect berries from the small bushes that still lived. They found a camp that had people in them. “We must be pretty far since last time we went searching,” said Adam. 

“We should ask them for help,” said Sam. “I don't think they are friendly” whispered Wendy, pointing at the remains of a person’s hand cooking on a roaster. “Cannibals?!” said Sam with a quavering voice. “We should leave,” said Adam. Sam crawling on the ground steps on a twig. “Someone is here, get the dogs!”

“Run!!!” yelled Adam frighteningly. As they were running Wendy turned around to see a man with an axe and another with a sniper aiming at them, then tripping since he didn't see where he was going. All they can hear are dogs barking and footsteps behind them, while all they can see are the outlines of trees in the misty and dim forest. They find their cabin and run inside locking and barricading the doors. “Grab anything useful” said Brian in a hasty tone. Sam grabs a fireplace poker, meanwhile Adam grabs a Frying pan.

Suddenly the sound of glass shattering filled the room, and a stone landed on the floor. The tall girthy looking man pics up and throws one of the dogs into the house. The dog bites Brian on the arm, so Sam stabs the dog right on the side of the chest. While the dog falls dead the man with the axe goes into the cabin with the other two dogs. Adam uses the low visibility in the room to his advantage, and while the man is about to strike at Sam he kicks him in the stomach falling on his back. He stands back up and bunches Adam who is now on the floor. The man looks for his axe only to find it wedged in the skull of one of his dogs.

Meanwhile on the other side of the room Wendy hits the last dog with the frying pan that Adam dropped, knocking the dog out. Meanwhile Adam notices that the man is unarmed and takes the fire poker from Sam’s hands and stabs him right in the stomach. Killing him, but suddenly Adam falls to the ground. The sound of a gunshot that rumbled for miles.

The man that fell on the forest shot through the window but he was too late, his friend was dead. Sam grabs the fire poker and throws it like a spear hitting the guy straight through his head. The Brian and Wendy rush to Adam who has a wound on his shoulder. Sam grabs a sheet from one of the bedrooms and wraps it around his wound, “ he is bleeding a lot.” said Brian worriedly. “You think it's because the bullet went all the way through?” said Wendy. Sam wraps his shoulder as tight as possible to stop the bleeding. “He’ll be fine,” said Sam. “We should start cleaning up the place before he wakes up.”