Earth | Teen Ink

Earth

By LillianRoseberry PLATINUM, Manly, Iowa
LillianRoseberry PLATINUM, Manly, Iowa

It was new. It was something nobody had ever seen before. There were colors, there were lights, it was overwhelming. Nobody knew what to do with this new world, this new life. It smelled fresh. This world wasn’t tampered with. It was pure and ready to be occupied with life. What did they call it? I think someone said it was called earth. This new world was called earth. What should be done first? Well, just as they did in the old world, this place would need life. Their old world was no longer sufficient enough for them to use. It was breaking down; it wasn’t clear enough to provide a space for life. The old planet was broken down, after they left, to nothing. Therefore, nobody else could take it after we were gone. Eventually, the population will grow with most people from the old, polluted planet transporting here. They will need to process a way to make things that satisfy their hunger. The people living here will need medics. The humans need to make shelter and process something to drink. Who should all be allowed here? What kinds of rules do they need? Who is in charge? What are they going to do if someday this world becomes polluted as well? Where will the humans go then? No need to worry now, come on Martha. This world is going to be beautiful.

If I have anything to do about it, it will not get to where their old planet got. This world could be something great, they just have to treat it that way.

You may ask who I am. Well, my names Martha, and I am a spy. I am from planet Jupiter. I come here to this planet to see how these being’s are treating it. I am undercover as normal human, but I am a being. I come to see how people treat this new planet, and report back to my leader to evaluate how long it’s going to be until they need a new place made. It’s so fresh here, like a clean canvas waiting for a coat of paint. It’s untouched, ready like it’s been here waiting for everyone for a long time. They are here.

It was so much fun writing this piece.