Different | Teen Ink

Different

By Crazycatz BRONZE, Irvine, California
Crazycatz BRONZE, Irvine, California

Maximum effort

Life Log: Sol Cycle 12.32 Planet X-75

Today was the worst. Our class had a field trip to Buggards Trail. It didn't look that special or even like a trail. It had a gateway covered with vines and had a sign on top labeled Buggards Trail. There were trees everywhere which made it look like a forest. The walkway was consisted of bare dark brown dirt. Each of us were provided us with a walking stick and a canteen of water. Once everyone was prepared our teacher said, “Remember class don't get split up.” Then we made our way on the path.

As soon as I got in I was stunned. It was as if I had entered a whole new dimension of just wildlife and mystical creatures. I saw little gnomes farming there gardens with little sickels, pixies fluttering and flying in their colony, and I saw a griffin soaring in the clouds above us. So many creatures with such little time. I looked in the corner of my eye and saw a leprechaun. I remembered about an old myth that if you saw a leprechaun it would lead you to there gold. I started to follow it. I had to hop over a golem, twisted through taffy vines, and sneaked past a pack of sleeping werewolves. Twice I almost lost him, but I managed to follow his trail of little footprints. When he was in my reach, I lunged at him but he was to fast and dashed right past my fingers. He did a little victory dance and vaulted over a bush. I got up and brushed myself off, and observed my surroundings. I wondered if I should follow the leprechaun further, but then I realized the bigger problem. I was lost in the woods. I panicked and started yelling for help. In about five minutes, the entire class came and saw me alone screaming. They started laughing at me in unison and started to tease me. I told my parents about the horrendous day I had, and they simply shook their head in disappointment. “When will you start acting normal?” they asked. My eyes flustered with tears as I ran to my room and slammed the door. No matter how hard I try I can't fit in. Even my parents said so. I don't think I can stand this anymore.

Life Log: Sol Cycle 12.68 Planet X-75

My parents took me to the three wise men of the city

They were at the central hall. This was the place where people met about very great accomplishments, or very severe problems. I knew that something was going on, and it was important.  As we walked into the lobby, I saw all kinds of people. Lawyers, businessmen, even teachers. There were 10 or 15 other people waiting in the room already. We walked to the front desk of the.

“Who are you meeting today?” the woman at the desk asked.

“We came here to speak with the three wise men,” My dad said quickly.

Suddenly the entire room quieted down. It felt as if everyone was staring at me. At that moment, I knew that what i was about to find out, would not be pleasant.

“I wish you the best of luck,” she said, “Go to room 13”

I trudged over to room 13.

The three wise men were waiting.

They pointed at the chair and said, “Sit.”

I quickly sat.

Then they told my parents to leave. I was afraid and asked them to stay but they said it was only a quick test.

For the first task the wise men gave me a small cylinder. They asked me what I thought it was. I told them that it was a plane trying to take the right people to the right place. They listened, and shook there head in disappointment.

Then they gave me a paper with ink splattered over. They asked me what I saw. I told them that I saw a white sheep mixed in a field of black sheep. Again they simply shook there head.

Finally they held up a mirror. But this mirror isn't an ordinary mirror, it showed you your future on the world X-75. I looked, and saw myself. I saw myself as i see myself right now. So I told the three wise men that I see a sad, lonely person, who will never be able to fit in no matter how hard he tries. I looked up at the mirror once more, then looked away knowing that I will never be normal. The three wise men looked at me and nodded. They called my parents in.

“We need to talk,” they told my parents.

I was told to wait outside of the room.

I waited at the door trying to hear what they said.

I heard two words. He failed.

Life log: Sol cycle 12.92 Planet X-75

My parents finally told me the news. I was to be sent to a planetarian boarding school. But those who went, never came back. My parents told me it was for the greater good. Sure I might hate this place, but this was the only place that I have ever known. I was told to pack my bags and was sent to the Intergalactic spaceport. I asked for more information about where I was going to and the three wise men told me that I was going to a place where it would be best for a kid like who who couldn't fit in. It would be a place where being different is normal.The thought of other people being different in there own way scared me. I was going to be transported to planet called  U-n1q3. I got into my space pod and was blasted away, watching my used to be home, get farther and farther away.

Life Log: Sol Cycle 13.01 Planet U-n1q3

I just arrived and as I got off my pod, I saw a wide range of colors, and different people. No two people looked alike and everyone was different. I came to the intergalactic passport check. A tall muscular man looked at me and asked me “FIrst time?”

“Yes.” I replied boldly.

“You look ready for this world kid.” He said

“I hope so,” I replied with the same amount of toughness he said to me.

He stamped my passport, looked at me and smiled saying,

“Welcome to earth.”

This story was based off a short animation that I watched when I was younger. This particular stuck with me because it illustrated that being different is alright, and standing out is not always a bad thing.