Field of Flowers | Teen Ink

Field of Flowers

Tim wanted to surprise Julie for their first date ever, so he picked her up in his father’s pickup truck, wanting to impress her with the nicest car his family owned. They were driving down a dirt road with windows downs, breeze blowing through their hair. The reddish-brown dust created a track behind them, for the car was going as fast as it could- 35 mph. Making it to the destination, Tim had a beaming smile, yet Julie was confused.
“Where are we?” she questioned.
“You’ll see,” he said with excitement
Tim hopped out of the car then rushed over to the passenger side to open the door for Julie.
“Wait one second please…” Tim asked ever so kindly.
He opened up the second door and took out a blanket and a picnic basket full of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, sliced apples, homemade cookies, and a container of milk.
“Follow me!” Tim said as he took off to the hill.
“Wait! Wait up!” Julie yelled while sprinting to catch up with him.
Waiting for Julie at the bottom of the hill, Tim couldn’t keep a smile off of his face.
“Why are you smiling so much?!” Julie laughed
“Just wait!”
Tim held her hand and escorted her up the hill. Once making it to the top, Julie was in awe. In their viewing was a meadow full of white and sunshine yellow daisies, with the occasional pink one. In the middle of the field there was a gigantic willow tree, waiting for someone to sit under it in the shade. Tim observed Julie as her eyes lit up with pure joy. She walked down the hill and through the meadow, and danced around in the flowers. Tim then took her hand as they slowly walked to the tree, breeze blowing through the air, making the daisies dance.