Moto-X | Teen Ink

Moto-X

May 11, 2018
By Anonymous

Kelly walked through the gates of the moto-x race track the same way she did just about everyday. Kelly wore her orange, black, and white KTM riding pants with her black boots and a black and orange racing shirt. Her dad, Wayne, was there with her wearing his KTM hat with a matching shirt and cargo shorts. Kelly and her father were at the track almost everyday, either watching a race, practicing, or racing. Typically, Kelly had a race every Saturday morning and her dad was always there to support.
Ever since Kelly’s mom died when Kelly was very young her and her father have been inseparable. They do everything together from watch races to support each other on and off the track. Kelly has always loved racing with her dad but, she never really got a chance to make a lot of friends and go out. Wayne never liked any of Kelly’s friends, except Gianna, Kelly’s best friend from up the street. Gianna isn’t much of a racer but she comes to support Kelly when she can. Gianna and Kelly have always been great friends, they have helped each other through breakups, finals, college applications, and all the other fun stuff you get to deal with growing up.
Today, Kelly’s favorite racer was on the track, Chad Reed number eleven on the Yamaha 250. Kelly’s dad hates Chad, “ He’s a dirty rider, always looking for the easy way out,” he would say. Kelly has always loved Chad, he is so handsome and an amazing racer. Chad is the same age as Kelly but he races in all the adult races because he is that good. As usual Chad won again today by far. After the race, Chad was back at his trailer working on his bike. Kelly was walking by staring off at Chad laying under his bike. He had a blue and Black Yamaha t-shirt on his muscles pushing through the fabric. His curly blonde hair was shining in the light, soaked in sweat from the race, and his big blue eyes sparkled as he looked at Kelly walk by.
As Kelly turned to continue on her walk she heard a crash of tools and parts, Chad’s bike had toppled over onto him as he was following Kelly as she walked. She quickly hurried over to help pull the bike off him. The two were laughing as Kelly pulled on the handle bars and lifted the bike up. Chad was completely fine as he dusted himself off and went to shake Kelly’s hand to thank her. They introduced themselves and talked for a little while about their bikes and races. Before either of them realized the sun had gone down and they had been talking for hours. Chad and Kelly sat under the lights of the awning of Chad’s trailer until neither of them could stay up any longer.
“We should hangout sometime Kel, i’m free Thursday if you wanna go for a trail ride with me?” Chad said with a smile.
“I would really like that, I’ll meet you back here at three o’clock!”
That night Kelly could not wait to tell Gianna all about her night with Chad! She ran home and facetimed Gianna as soon as she got upstairs. Gianna answered with a yawn, considering it was already after eleven.
“G! You will never guess who I spent my night with,” Kelly yelled into the phone with excitement.
“Oh I can only imagine,” Gianna giggled. Kelly proceeded to tell her best friend how she spent the entire night with the guy she has had a crush on her entire life.
“We just seemed to click, I dont even know, it was like we were meant to be together,” Kelly would go on and on saying.
Thursday came so quickly and Kelly could not have been happier! She woke up that morning and put on her riding gear while Wayne made her breakfast. Kelly’s father was not happy that she was going out with Chad but, considering Kelly never really asked for much he allowed it.
Chad and Kelly met at the race track to go for there ride. Chad took the lead and brought Kelly through some beautiful trails. Being a racer, Kelly was not used to these leisurely rides in the woods, she was more adjusted to fast pace and tight tracks. After riding for a good two hours Chad turned a corner and Kelly saw a huge beautiful lake with a dock. Chad parked his bike and Kelly did the same. She followed him to the end of the dock where a blanket was set up, and he emptied his backpack that was filled with a picnic lunch. Kelly’s face lit up as she held back tears of joy after seeing how much he had done for her.
Kelly and Chad ate their lunch and talked the entire time. Chad has a very goofy personality and Kelly loved it, he was throwing grapes into her mouth and she was doing the same. They even took a swim in the lake after lunch! Kelly watched as Chad took his gear off and she was mesmerized. He was tan and had the nicest abs she had ever seen! They wrestled in the water and shared a kiss as the sun set over the lake. By the end of the day Kelly knew almost everything about Chad, and she had managed to fall even more in love with him. They decided to pack up and take the short ride home. Kelly had one of the best days of her life with Chad and knew he was the one.

********
Days came and passed and before Kelly knew it was race day! Chad and Kelly both had races today but luckily Chad raced after her so they could see each other. Kelly walked her bike over to the starting line and Chad gave her a kiss on the head for good luck. Wayne felt invisible at this race, Kelly did not even want him to give her a good luck hug, just Chad. The countdown began and soon enough Kelly was off! Kelly seemed to run laps around these other girls, she finished in first with an impeccable time, Chad was very impressed. Chad raced next he was with all of the bigger bikes again which made Kelly nervous.
  Chad ended up in the hospital that night unconscious after an accident on the track. Kelly stayed with him every minute of every day until he was better. This hospital trip only brought them closer and closer. Chad saw how amazing Kelly was as he watched her clean him up, feed him, and run back and forth to the hospital everyday. Kelly had never been more scared until Chad crashed his bike, but all he could think about was getting back on. It was a constant fight between the two of them if he should be riding again. Despite the love they both had for the sport, Kelly thought it was too dangerous to get back on.
When Chad was released from the hospital he finally stepped up and asked Kelly out, and she obviously said yes! The two of them were inseparable, whether they were out doing things or on facetime until they fell asleep they were always together. The entire town knew about the racers couple that was meant to last forever.
Chad stayed off the bike for a while since Kelly asked him so often but, after a while it began to drive him crazy. He was tired of sitting in the house having nothing to do while Kelly was out racing or in school. Chad took an eight month long break and then decided that enough was enough. There was a huge race coming up with real sponsors that he needed to take place in if he wanted his career to go anywhere.
Wayne and Chad began to bond over the last few months and they decided to work together to get Chad back on the track. There was no one that Kelly trusted more to say he was ready and she knew her dad would keep Chad safe. Chad was out on the track everyday weather it was getting back into physical shape or just learning the basics again. It was tedious work but necessary to recreate the all star Chad was before the accident.
The race was in a month and there was a lot to be done before then but, the guys kept working and Kelly was always there for moral support. (She knew better than to get in the guys way). With a week until race day, they were finally ready!
******
The day had finally come, and Chad felt ready. Although Kelly was extremely nervous she was confident in her man and was beyond excited to watch him succeed on the track. All the sponsors were lined up and Chad was feeling amazing! He thanked Wayne for all he had done for him and they were headed to the starting line. It felt like just yesterday that they were complete strangers watching each other from the gates.
The race began and Chad was off the a hesitant start but, Kelly knew he would pull through. Their entire futures were counting on this race. Chad began to pick up the pace and before they knew it he was in second place with a single lap left. As they turned the final corner Chad took his famous inside corner and passed his opponent! Chad won! He did it! As he took his spot on the highest podium for first place he called Kelly over in front of him. He lowered to one knee and asked her to marry him. Everyone Cheered as she jumped into his arms with joy. The small town strangers were finally getting married!