The Run Away Chapter One | Teen Ink

The Run Away Chapter One

By Mallory2001 BRONZE, Valparaiso, Indiana
Mallory2001 BRONZE, Valparaiso, Indiana

"Im an artist with words not pictures" - Made it up when I was bored.

"Love is worse then hate, when you love someone the idea of them being away from you shatters you, breaks you, creates the new you."

"When you hate someone you can watch the person walk away without a care, without the pain, without the sorrow its just simply another leaf falling from the tree."

"This is why we all need hate in our lives"

My hand was writing on the paper like it was pouring out of my soul when the pencil was ripped out of my hands followed by a squeaky little voice "Scarlet quit your writing! Your suppose to be having fun" Alexus, my best friend in the whole world that was basically my sister, screamed over the music which wasn't to loud it was just the people talking.

We were at a party for us nerd kids who had straight A's and B's we were allowed to take one friend with us which I choose Alexus since she was the only person I really knew but she wasn't the nerdy type she just enjoyed partying and such. Alexus and me were completely different personality and appearance wise. Alexus had pitch black hair always in a side ponytail that went to her shoulder showing her pale face which almost made her look more like a ghost with her body shape being so thin like she never ate once in her life, which she eats anything and everything anytime she wants which is most of the time, she a dark shade of blue eyes that almost looked more like a blueberry color than anything else, she was pretty short for her age being a year older than me but with her clothing style everyone knew she had to be a teenage since she usually wore some shorts up to her knees with her bright pink sneakers that seemed to scream "were here notice me" and she always, and trust me when I say always, wore a yellow t-shirt with some type of vest or jacket on she usually had her face caked with makeup like she was a movie star and high school was Hollywood to her.

Alexus was the basic teenage girl always wanting to go party and stay out late while I always studied, she said I looked like the typically gothic nerd kid in school but it never bothered me I loved my style, I had chocolate brown hair that was usually in a messy bun since I was trying to hide the fact the top of my hair was a bright blue color since I messed up dying it but my hair kind of went with my tanned skin which was surprising since Alexus was outside more than me yet I was more tanned than her, anyways, I'm pretty chubby compare to Alexus but it never bothered me, I always had black leggings under my dark jean shorts and usually a band t-shirt on, today I was wearing Green Day, even if I sound gothic I still got my nerd in me with my thick framed glasses way to big for my face to hide my grey eyes that had a hint of green in them to look like a pale green color which I never liked so I was glad my glasses took away from my eyes most of the time, my face was caked with freckles instead of any kind of makeup.

Anyways back to the story.

Alexus huffs and sits down next to me as the next song was playing and the only sound around was the small chattering of the few people that were here "Scarlet I just want you to go have fun, try to talk to more people" She said in more of a motherly tone than an actually friend tone, which didn't really surprise me since that was her usually way of talking. I just looked away at everyone trying to find someone until my eyes stopped on a boy.

He was the new kid no one knew much about him other then he looked a bit emo and he was quiet, his name was Mason Jones. He had dark brown hair that almost seemed black in the lighting, it wasn't curly but it wasn't perfectly straight it looked like he just ran a brush through it and put it to cover his bright blue eyes that seemed to sparkle with the hope of someone coming up to him and talking to him, he had pale skin but not as pale as Alexus, he wore a black hoodie just plain black pants... he seemed to like black with his sneakers being black but his laces were suprisingly a forest green color. I stared at him for awhile completely dazed from his appearance and how he just stood there watching everyone like he was some kind of ghost and no one could see him "Scarlet!" Alexus screamed making a few kids look over but they just looked away quickly.

I gathered my few notebooks I had and put them in my bookbag quickly looking at the room, it was just a small gym with a few colorful balloons stuck to the tall ceiling, the walls were painted of horses since it was our school mascot, it had a stack table full of cookies and cake near some speakers, or as we call this room "smart kids place for today" since we all really hate gym other for Alexus. "Where are we going to next?" I looked at Alexus asking her who was looking at Mason but looked away quickly.

She sighs and grabbed the few things that she brought with her which was her cell phone and her favorite book which surprised me since she didn't even read it she just always had it with her for some reason but Alexus was always full of weird stuff I guess. Alexus sighed and put on her bright pink book bag that seemed to scream at everyone who looked at it. "Lets go home we got a lot of studying for tomorrows test." Alexus said very quietly like she was disappointed in the fact that she she actually wanted to study but I didn't say anything I just nodded and walked out quietly with her.

The gym was on the other side of the school where the exit was so we had to cross the brightly lit hallways lined with lockers that looked so dark they had to be burnt before instead of their actually color of blue, the floor was like a kitchen with its black and white checks, everyone joked around always saying our school looked like a huge kitchen. The wall were a pale baby blue color that went with the lockers almost. "Alexus we go straight or turn left?" I looked over asking Alexus who was just staring at the floor lost in thought.

This is our sophomore year and I didnt learn the school, I always felt like a lost puppy roaming through the halls trying to find any room which seemed impossible in this maze we call school. "We go right not left" Alexus responded ckearly annoyed with having to repeat herself for the millionth time.

I followed Alexus until we got outside blasting us with freezing winter wind.

The thing that inspired me to write this was because I've seen other stories of a shy kid falling in love with a popular girl and I wanted to give that a small twist. I love reading and always twisting the stories think 'what if this happened..'