No Falling | Teen Ink

No Falling

By robrobrobin11 BRONZE, Concord, New Hampshire
robrobrobin11 BRONZE, Concord, New Hampshire

The heat and passionate emotion radiating from the intertwined bodies, could move mountains. Nestled on the floor in a corner of her room, surrounded by stuffed animals symbolizing childhood innocence, now past but that's she dying to hold on to, she gives herself in to him but for only an instant. It's shocking to her, she catches it. She has never felt this way before. Her insides tremble and she tears herself away from him, correcting her "wrong" feelings and bad behavior. She can't even sit beside him, not now. The paused movie is the only sound, just a slight hum coming from the player. Her heart beats in her ears and breath comes in gulps from her chest. She stays rolled over, secluding herself, tucked in upon herself in the fetal position. She's trying to grasp hold of this feeling, so she can shove it aside.
"What's wrong?" he breaths.
"Nothing," she forces herself to reply. The impulse within her to turn to him is excruciating. She can't look at this boy; she must stay away, to herself, until normalcy returns. Feelings like this scare her. They take control away from her. They're too real. They're too much like love and trust. She can't let herself succumb to them. So she wills them away, detaching and never fully giving in to a moment with him. As soon as it begins, it's as if she's in the semi-conscious state where you fall in a dream and leap with fear, feeling as though you truly are falling. "No falling," she repeats to herself. "No falling."

thank you! (:

on Apr. 20 2009 at 12:30 am
really good. Passionate.