Cold As Ice | Teen Ink

Cold As Ice

By Haleyvs BRONZE, Hemet, California
Haleyvs BRONZE, Hemet, California

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire."

The young depressed teen soon falls in love too quickly, which ends with plot twist evenets. Unfortuantly, we all can't get what we want in life. 

Chapter 1: Cold As Ice

We are all dreamers, wanting to be completely out of tune with reality. You looked at me with those blue eyes so deeply for a moment. Your eyes were oceans and I was drowning in them. For your eyes only, I showed you my heart. I spoke softly, “Sorry I’m a mess. I’m nothing but fragile bones and tears.” You got closer and your eyes turned into my universe. “But you’re a beautiful mess and I love it.” His hand gently touched my face and I became a star in his universe. I fell for him and I couldn’t stop it. We were meant to be perfectly imperfect together. Some people are so deep. You fall into them and you never stop falling. His warm hands interlaced with my ice cold hands and I began to feel warmth. We were glazed eyes with empty hearts, but he brought me to life. I didn’t see you for a little, but you told me you wouldn’t hurt me. That was a hidden lie. My heart was hurting and your words were more painful and tiring than a meteorite crashing on Earth. You’ve become everything you said you wouldn’t. With the faint scent of vodka on your breath, your words became stronger. You are toxic to me, but my heart was still aching for you, With the tears filling my glossy eyes, I begged you to stay. The sky began to cry and so did I. I wished I was beside you, but the ending is the same every time. I was grown. The dream was gone and I became numb. “Baby this isn’t Wonderland” you told me. Suddenly all the songs were about you. As you walked out into the pouring rain, you turned “Someone will love you.” I knew he didn’t love me anymore, but I adored him anyways. His words like knives, they were cutting me down. They told me I deserve better. I want you. I didn’t miss you. That’s what I tried to tell myself, but I know deep down I did miss you. It’s two a.m. and you’re still poisoning my thoughts. You’ve been gone for a while and I’m starting to feel a bit funny. They say home is where the heart is, but you took my heart and left me with nothing but a shelter with boards and beams. I know I’m better off without you. In the end, we’re all lost stars trying to light up the sky. 

What inspired me to write this story was depression can be extremely overwelming and many people tend to not understand how much of a toll it can be on one.