If Only | Teen Ink

If Only

By politicsandroses SILVER, San Jose, California
politicsandroses SILVER, San Jose, California

“I want you back, you were always the best one, forgive me?” you asked.
“Yes, welcome back,” she said with a smile. But that was if the scene happened five months ago. She would’ve ran back into your arms, prepared to comfort you and ready to call you hers again. But you came back a little too late. She’s moved on.

“I want you back, you were always the best one, forgive me?” you asked. But you already know the answer. You saw her move on, and you saw the smile he brought to her face. You saw her eyes, and they were a clear brown, like when she first met you. And you heard the happiness in her voice when he hugged her.
“No,” she answered. Her eyes shown with pity towards you. “You left me a while ago…and I found someone new. You saw him. And guess what, I don’t compare him to you. You were and always will be a dark chapter in my book.” She waved goodbye, and as you watched her walk away, you wished you chose to stay that fateful day in June, when she gave you a second chance. Because somewhere deep down, you knew that was the best day in her life and the worst day in yours.
   ~ Excerpt from my brain.