The Little Pink Book | Teen Ink

The Little Pink Book

By politicsandroses SILVER, San Jose, California
politicsandroses SILVER, San Jose, California

Girl:
Today, she got a diary.
Gold lock, pink background with two teddy bears in the front. A smaller, darker one hugged by a larger, lighter one. On top of them were roses. Opening the book, there were stickers on the inside cover. A few pages were ripped out, making sure she didn’t see what the past owner wrote. On the very last page, someone wrote “I got my diary at a school book fair on 1995” in beautiful cursive. Last, but not least, on the back cover was a sticker. It read “I’m stuck on you”. This brought a smile to her face, and she ran her hands through the diary.
It was her present from her boyfriend.

Boy:
Today, he gave his diary away.
In it, he wrote about his simple life of a five year old. Entries like “I ate cookies” and “Today, I spilled milk”. He ripped them out, she would think it’s too silly. He wondered if that was all he wrote, he was sure there was nothing more than those few pages. He put a sticker on the back cover, hoping it would bring a smile to her face. He packed it in a box and sent it off. He knew she would ask why it was dated and girly, he couldn’t think of a rational answer. As he signed his signature on the paper, he smiled, thinking about the joy she’d feel once she’s seen it. He walked out the door, with the idea of writing something to her suddenly popping in his head. He slowed down, regretting that he sent off it without doing so.
It was a present for his girlfriend.

Written for the boy with the diary. 

on Oct. 25 2015 at 12:42 am
@rheame Thanks!!

rheame said...
on Oct. 23 2015 at 8:21 am
rheame, Anand, Other

turn a mess into a lesson

a test into testimony

a trial into triumph
and a victim into champion

i just loved it. fantastic!!!