The Death of Love. | Teen Ink

The Death of Love.

By dpowell3543 PLATINUM, Topeka, Kansas
dpowell3543 PLATINUM, Topeka, Kansas

If you're not willing to die for the ones you love, your life isn't worth living at all.

It was a nomal Thursday and Jim was sitting on his bed, just staring out the window. He was a normal teenage boy with dirt-blond hair, blue eyes, and was scrawny. He'd just gone through a break-up with the love of his life, so he didn't feel like doing anything. After school his friends invited him over to play a few games, but he refused and ran home. Now he sat there, watching the trees flow in the breeze. An occasional squirrel or bird would go by, but never changed his gaze.

"Jim?" called a voice from down the stairs.

"Yeah mom?" he replied.

"Would you like to come down and eat?" said Jim's mom.

"No. I'm not hungry." he answered with a sigh. He then went back to staring out the window. Once he was sure his mother was gone, he turned around and turned on his TV and game console. He then went to his youtube app and started to watch music videos.

After an hour had passed, his phone rang. He slowly picked it up and answered the call.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Help!" a voice shouted from the other end.

"What? Why?" he asked.

"There's no time to explain. I'm at Central Park, please hurry." said the voice through tears. The call ended and Jim hurriedly jumped out of bed, ran down stairs and began to put his shoes on.

"Where are you going?" his mother asked. Jim looked up and saw her standing above him. She was a short brunette who dressed as if it was still the 80's.

"I'm going to Central Park." he replied.

"You need to learn to let her go." she said as if she already know why he was going there.

"She needs my help, I'm not going to let her down." he said while finishing tying his las shoe.

"Why?" she asked in disbelief.

"Because I love her." he said as he stood up. He then stormed off and left the house. As soon as he got on the sidewalk, he started to run.

It took Jim ten to fifteen minutes to get to the park. When he got there he saw a body lying on the ground. He ran to it and noticed that it was a girl.

"Are you ok?" he asked. The body groaned as if it was in terrible pain, but thenit quickly jerked its head up and yelled "Look out." There was a loud bang and Jim felt an extreme amount of pain in his right leg. He then topples over and sees a man standing over him. The man had a strong smell of alcohol, so Jim assumed he looked like a drunk because it was too dark to see.

"You should have taken better care of her." said the man in a scruffy voice. The man then walked over to the girl's body. He tossed what Jim soon realized was a gun and pulled out a larfe knife. He then began to repeatedly stab the girls body.

"Jenny!" yelled Jim. He looked for a way to stop the man. He found the gun lying a few feet in front of him and he began to crawl towards it. When he reached the weapn, he picked it up, aimed at the man and shot... The large dark mass hovering over the mutilated body toppled over backwards. Jim dropped the gun in astonishment and shock but then remembers the reason of his pressence. He crawled over to Jenny and began to run his fingers through her blond hair.

"Jenny?" he asked. When she did not reply, he layed his head upon her chest.

"I'm so sorry." he said as he began to cry. After a few minutes he stood and picked her up, then started to walk away.

The teenage boy walked into a bright room.

"Help!" he called. "She's been stabbed!" Nurses and doctors ran and grabbed Jenny's body. Jim watched as they ran her down to the ER. Once they were out of sight, he walked to the reception desk, but before he made it, his vision went blurry and he fainted.

Jim slowly opened his eyes and saw a doctor standing in front of him.

"Wh-what happened?" he asked.

"You passed out from blood loss. You were shot in the leg." replied the doctor.

"What about Jenny?" Jim hastily asked, remembering the events that led up to his being here. "Did she make it?"

"I'm afriad not. There was nothing we could do... I'm sorry." the doctor said. "We did find this on her though. It's addressed to you." He handed Jim an envelope, and sure enough, it had his name on it. He hesitated for a moment, and then opened it. He pulled out a small piece of pink paper that had a smell of strawberries, and began to read:

'Dear Jim,

I'm sorry that I broke up with you. I've regretted the decision ever since we ended. So, to make up for my mistake, I wanted to invite you to Central Park to resite Romeo and Juliette like we did when we met. Remember? Hopefully we can get back together and our love doesnt' die young like theirs. I love you.

Love Jenny'

"Her last words were; 'I will always love you.'" said the doctor, then he turned and walked away. Tears began to roll down Jim's face as he heard what the doctor told him and as he reread Jenny's letter. He would never forget his dark realization... Their love... has died.

The End. 

I wanted to tell a story about a couple who loved each other very much, that when they broke up, it hurt a lot. It also shows that when one loves someone, they will do anyting for them. I know it might not be that good, but i hope you guys like the story.