Broken | Teen Ink

Broken

By Morgan_pauley SILVER, Dunkirk, Ohio
Morgan_pauley SILVER, Dunkirk, Ohio

The question's not who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me.

“Taylor! Taylor! Are you okay? We have to get her to the hospital!” yells my mom. I just drank bleach for the second time and I also tried to hang myself once. I am very suicidal. I am only sixteen and I’ve tried to kill myself three times. I get bullied at school by this girl named Amber. I hate my life.
The hospital said I’d be fine unfortunately. I have to go back to school tomorrow and I really don’t want to, there I’ll have to be bullied by Amber. She’s bullied me for years and no one ever stands up for me.
I get up and do my morning routine to get ready for school. I drive to school like I always do. I walk in and see a group of people out side of the library and I see a new guy standing there. He is quite hot, but I don’t have a chance with him. I go to class and he follows me. His brown hair was done up all nice unlike my frizzy blonde hair just wavy all over the place.
He catches up to me and tells me about his life then I tell him about mine, not telling him about my suicide attempts. He tells me his name is Max.
“You’re really cool Taylor,” Max says in his deep voice. “You want to go out sometime?”
Of course I say yes, because a hot guy just asked me out. I am happy for the rest of the day. I didn’t even notice when  Amber tries to shove me down in the hallway, I just kept walking.
We go on our date and it goes amazing. We just talked for hours. It was like I was in a dream the whole time. I would just stare into those dark green eyes of his and float away into a different world. After the date he drives me home. He pulls up to my house and kisses me. It was my first kiss and it felt like I was imagining it.
“Can we do this again?” Max asks.
“Definitely,” I say back. I get out and walk to my house. I wave at him and he waves back. I go to bed and wait for the weekend to be over.
I wake up on Monday morning with a smile on my face. I can’t wait to see Max. The weekend felt like it was years long. I can’t wait to go back to school.
I walk into school on Monday and Amber tries to make fun of me like always. I walk away from her, but she follows. She passes me and walks away. I turn the corner to go to my class and I see Amber and Max kissing. It feels like someone just punched me in the stomach and took out my heart.
I feel so stupid and used. I walk away and Max follows.
“It was all her! I had nothing to do with it,” Max yells. “She kissed me! I like you not Amber!”
“I don’t believe you! Why would you like me? I’m ugly, suicidal, and weird. Why like me when you can have Amber?” I yell at him.
“Amber means nothing to me, but you are my world,” Max says. It is so hard to mad at him when he talks with that voice.
I run out of the school building and started running towards the road. I stop at the end on the grass and get myself ready to step onto the road. Our school is on a busy road so there were a lot of cars so I waited until the right one came. Max started running towards me and I step into the road.
“Taylor! No!” Max says as he runs to me and grabs my arm.
“Let me go! I want to do this!” I yell. He pulls me into the grass right before a car came flying by.
“But I won’t let you do it,” Max says.
He looks deep into my eyes and kisses my softly on the lips. He saved me. I want to be with him forever and I have a feeling that I will. His kiss is like magic. I’m not suicidal anymore. Amber still is mean to me, but Max is my life and my happiness.