Dance with a Bite | Teen Ink

Dance with a Bite

October 8, 2014
By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
92 articles 0 photos 88 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."


She danced with the elegance of a flower. Her white dress was breath taking, stainless and pure, giving the suddenly small room light. I danced up beside her, my black mask hiding the monster underneith, deep and far away. Her gloved hands fit perfectly within the center of mine and I took her, twirling her around the space around us. Others watched in awe as the demon concured the angel, spinning her and guilding her deeper into my its trench. My broad hold pulled her closer until the space between us seized to exist any longer.

Within the cold clutches of our dance her breath was warm. Sweet, like roses. But her pulse quickens with each breath, her eyes closing, wanting. I pulled her against my chest and pulled us away from the other dancers and onto the balcony. The moon's rays made her skin shine, pale and as warm as a new born child.

I held her silently, feeling the mask slip from my face without effort.

I could no longer hide my true nature.

I wished to feel it in my own: Her pulse, mixed with mine. I gripped her, tighter, staring into her fear glistend eyes. So blue, so beautiful.

"It won't hurt," I whispered. "Just a little."

My lips brushed her skin, as if I actually needed permission. a faint whimper escapes her scarlet lips but she grips me lightly. I, letting my inner beast rage on, consume her. Taste her life in one sip. See her whole being without even speaking a word. Her blood sings to me, taunts me and drunkens me. I want her. I want her body and soul, her lips and her virginity in all one taking.

Cause I'm a monster.

That gives me the right to take anything I want.