I'll Fall to the Ground

There was a ringing in my ear. The kind that makes your vision fuzzy and the purity of your thoughts becomes questionable. I wondered how it got there; so still and persistent. It was eating me alive. I knew there was nothing I could do to ease the pain, because the sound of your voice laughing at her jokes and the thought of your lips kissing someone else’s made the ringing feel temporarily permanent. Oh, how I miss those hands that caressed my jaw before every kiss hello and every kiss goodbye; they felt as though God made them for touching me. Those hands gave me hope, but your heart gave me life; there was nothing more beautiful than your vivacious smile and your laugh was better than any medicine I could take. I’m in love with the way you look at life and I wish you loved me just as much. I’ll try to move on, but the weight of your hand will push on my shoulders and I’ll fall to the ground and realize how hard it is to get up.

RealRiter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Pretty nice job! You did well. I like it.

AutumnMoon said...
I thought that this was good. It's not emotionally gripping as some of your other pieces, but still very nicely done. Good job!

MissEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 13, 2014 at 10:05 am
You have such, a beautiful way or style of writing. Or to be clearer, your writing is beautiful. :) You really do have such, talent and light in you. It's just absolutely, beautiful and namazing. :) Your writing uis powerful. Thank you so much, for sharing this. :) 

feathertail said...
Oct. 8, 2014 at 11:56 am
Nice! I like it. Write more