Pondering Conflicts | Teen Ink

Pondering Conflicts

By monikitty12 PLATINUM, New York, New York
monikitty12 PLATINUM, New York, New York

Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened.

Have you ever pondered about your previous love life? Let me just tell you, you're not alone. It kills me everytime when the guy I like takes my heart and stamp all of his stamps, smashes it to the concrete, and crumbles it as if it was some sort of paper mache. It also pains me when I see him laugh and smile with some sort of random girl on the street. In addition to that, I also wonder about him.

Will we ever solve the mysteries of love? His constant mood swings tangle me up. Is he ever happy around me? Why is he always so uptight? In fact, his temper tantrums are always around me. Whether its shoving me into some bedraggled locker, or tripping me and allowing me to fall down the stairs, or laughing at me when I accidentally spilled water on my jeans. It sounds like what some kindergartener would do, but trust me, it hurts like wildfire. Especially when it's the guy you love.

Nobody would understand. Its what every teenager have to go through. If you were one, you would know that your parents would just tell you to move on and focus on your studies, that it is not worth it to chase after a guy, since it is a complete waste of time. I know they are right, but they must know that we are going through a phase and somebody at least has to pull us out of it. Why can't they understand? Teenagers feel the need to have somebody love them unconditionally. Especially if you were a guy. Guys would care less; they have their video games accompanying them.

In addtion to all these traumatizing problems rising in one's brain, their friends are a big problem to your life. If the guy you like hates you, which is the worst scenario, they would laugh or smirk at you when you walk by them in the hallway. You would keep your head down, but you know that, in your heart, it will never work. Well of course, if the guy you like likes you back, which has never happened once in my life, I would think that you should consider yourself a very lucky person, since his friends would be jealous and they would most likely take the very best care of you. 

What can I do these days? Guys are fascinating creatures. Many guys exclaim that us girls are mysterious, but seriously we are very open, and our actions are obvious to mankind. You guys, on the other hand, are too closed off. I can never open you up. 

I am a love expert when it comes to giving advice to my friends. Me, on the other hand, don't know how to deal with myself. I wrote this article, so that my opinions would be provided to the public.

It would be best if more people comment, then I would see the truth in things.