My past, Our past | Teen Ink

My past, Our past

By Trin_Freckles GOLD, Troutman, North Carolina
Trin_Freckles GOLD, Troutman, North Carolina

When your sad, stop being sad and be awesome instead

It took you hours to get ready, to find the right dress, to finding the matching shoes, and yet he couldn’t even say “wow”, or “Look at her, she’s beautiful” you thought you two for each other, and every time you try to look at him, he’s standing there like a fool, a handsome fool, none the less, He’s still a fool, and you don’t understand what went wrong. You did the hair, picked out the dress no other girl did, the shoes matched perfectly. All you can do is just sit and wonder, you walk out to the dance floor, with a new dance partner, and while your turning, going step by step, you happen to look to your left. He’s staring at you, but not in a bad way, more in like a way you can’t describe, no matter how plain it is. You stop dancing, and simply walk away, without a word. You grab your things, give your love to your friends, and walk out, but almost as if everything turns into slow motion, for a last time you look towards him, he has the look in his eyes of regret, and almost as if he’s asking you to stay, but you turn and walk strait forward anyway. you get into your car, and you sit but only for a little while, your strong mask falls off, and the tears come down. He comes out the doors, and before he sees you, you see him, and leave him, and the party behind.