The Girl in Blue | Teen Ink

The Girl in Blue

By Master_Dylan_Bishop GOLD, Beaumont, California
Master_Dylan_Bishop GOLD, Beaumont, California

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.” ― Alfred Tennyson

We stood above the ocean and the waves moved beneath our feet. I held you so tightly for fear of falling in but I knew I was safe between your arms. You looked up at me as your left hand met my right hand and then my other hand was placed upon your hip before we swayed with the ocean below.

Your light blue dress spun with the twirling wind and your deep brown eyes stared into mine. The waves were silent and the wind went flat because all that mattered in this world was the girl in blue.

You smiled so innocently as you rested your head upon my slanted shoulder and gently closed your eyes. I guided the two of us and I knew you trusted me because you'd never let go. I threaded my fingers through the gaps between your fingers and I soon closed my eyes.

Suddenly, the sound of the waves came back as they violently splashed against the shore but then were quietly pulled back home. The jealous wind soon crept up my neck and slid behind my ears but nothing could distract me from this girl in blue.

She was as gorgeous as the calming waters and her hair was the sunset that swam within the marine. Oh, she was the ocean and she was dancing with me.

This little love story was focused on my best friend who I adore... She is truly as beautiful and calming as the ocean.